The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 20

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

------------------------------------------------------------

There's nothing you can do when you're next in line
You've got to go, domino
Do you know?
Do you know?
Do you know what you have done?
Do you see what you've begun?

Genesis

------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 5—Meet on the Ledge
(Continued...Part 6)

Even from deep inside his hidey-hole Zack March could hear the crowd going bananas.

He had ducked down here after spotting that cheetah guard. As bunnies go, he was pretty fast...but there was no way he could outrun a member of that species—at least not in an open field. In an underground tunnel however, he held the advantage.

Or that is...he might have if Max's dig hadn't taken him straight into a concrete wall, turning his escape route into an instant rabbit-trap. Worst of all there'd been no sign of his cousin anywhere; he had never felt so alone.

But now...whoa, listen to all that hoopla coming from the amphitheater; someone must have really killed it onstage if he could hear the crowd-noise all the way down here at the bottom of Max's hole. Hmmm, maybe–just maybe–that craziness upstairs would distract the cops long enough for him to make a break. Yep, yep...they'd probably all gone back inside the theater to see what the fuss was about. In any event, it couldn't hurt to check; just one quick look to see if the coast was clear.

It might have occurred to the young buck-rabbit right then to ditch the chartreuse hoodie first. His cousin Max would have done it–but then, he wasn't Max.

Nose twitching and ears on full alert, the silver-black young bunny pulled up out of the hole and crept carefully towards the half-circle of blue at the edge of the foliage. Almost at once he realized that the cheers and shouts from the theater seats were actually working against him. An earthmover could be working five feet away and he wouldn't be able to hear it...not over the sound of that crowd. Ahhh, maybe this hadn't been such a good idea after all.

Zack turned to go back the way he had come—and at that instant, something seized him by the foot and yanked him out into the daylight. A half second later, he was looking into the inverted face of a female cheetah, held fast in her grip by the ankles.

The next thing he saw was the big cat giving herself a face pawlm, "Ohhh, meowiiiir; stupid, idiot, drone-jockey!"

"What's the matter?" A new voice asked, and from the corner of his eye Zack saw a police officer approaching; a sheep. He was about five feet away when he stopped and abruptly repeated the cheetah's gesture. "Oh, baaaaah, I don't BELIEVE this!"