The Fire Triangle: Book II - Chapter 58

Disclaimer: Zootopia stories, characters, settings, and properties belong to the Walt Disney Co. This story is written under Fair Use Copyright laws.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Fire Triangle

----------------------------------------------------------------

Part Two:

Oxidizer

----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9: Conor's Story
(Continued...Part 9)

♪ "Dream on, dream prisoner
Hang your head in shame
Don't know the rules?
Come on, let's play the game

You taste like poison
Dressed in pain
Wash me clean
Beneath the rain

Freedom is calling..." ♫

Toyah Willcox - Kill The Rage

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Just one minute there, Charcoal-Boy!"

Erin's voice cut through the tension like a katana through a shoji screen-startling both of her companions into a bewildered silence.

It was the target of her ire that finally broke it. "Wh-What the heck, bunny-girl?" His ears were standing at full attention.

In response, the young white-furred rabbit put her paws to her hips and sniffed derisively. "I just now remembered something; back at the Carrot Days Festival you told me Jack La Peigne fooled you too, at first."

Conor blinked and his head tilted sideways. "Yeah...so...?"

"So..." She folded her arms and lifted her chin, "A minute ago you said you couldn't stand him from the moment you met him."

She was answered by a groan; not from the fugitive young silver fox, but from the rat on the tray-table facing him, "Now you want to bring that up?"

Conor's response was breezier-and also much more sarcastic. "Yeah, that's right. I knew the guy was a jerk, but I never imagined he was a stinkin' monster."

Erin rolled her eyes upwards, "Oh, har, har, ha..."

"I'm not joking, Snowdrop!"

That was Vern Rodenberg's cue to jump in...before it blew up into a screaming match.

"Don't start with this again, fox kid!" To drive home the point, he stabbed a finger at his client.

He was answered with a gesture every attorney knows by heart. The young silver fox promptly threw up his paws, as if to say, 'Who...me?' In that moment, he looked like every guilty felon the rat had ever represented.

"Hey Counselor...she brought him up, not..."

"I don't care WHO...!"

"That's not it, Mr. Rodenberg...he lied to me!"