forty two

'i wonder how is biu doing,' wonwoo thought as he checked his phone, worried over the fact that his parents had hired a helper to feed their family fish. it wasn't that he doubted them, he was afraid the same thing would happen to him before with siu.

"wonwoo, don't you have some competition to attend?" his father asked as wonwoo put on his sweater.

wonwoo nods, "it's not too far from here, i could talk to the station and take a ride from there" he explained as he slung his tote bag on.

"be careful alright? don't come back home too late, it's just a game-"

"i have to support my favourite team" wonwoo smiled as he walked past his father, "you don't have to wait for me for dinner" he waved goodbye before closing the door.

wonwoo took a deep breath and exhaled, he was actually an university student now, he felt like his life was as good as it could be, it was even better with mingyu by his side.

"shibuya station,,," wonwoo muttered as he studied the map before hopping into the subway.

"arriving in shibuya station" the announcement was made before wonwoo stepped off, looking for the exit closest to the arena.

"where is it where is it where is it" wonwoo looked around, he even had to asked the officers on duty for the directions before he would actually find the place and head into the main hall.

"row one seat seven, row one seat seven, row one seat seven-" wonwoo found it before planting himself down, arranging his things on the seat next to him as he saw it being unoccupied.

"hey wonwoo" a familiar voice called as they waved

"minghao? jeonghan?" wonwoo asked as he saw jeonghan emerge from minghao's back.

"what are you guys doing here?" wonwoo added

"we can't miss this special occasion that happened once in a lifetime, can we?" jeonghan asked.

"once in a lifetime? what do you mean?" wonwoo asked as the lights dimmed.

"we're uncertain if we could ever come again to watch such a competition due to university so,,," minghao explained for jeonghan as he struggled to explain himself

"oh" was all wonwoo would reply before turning to face the stage

there they were, introducing the teams who where going to go against each other, each team member lining up next to another as the spotlight shone on them.

"and we have mingyu from mj"

the crowd cheered, fan girls screamed from the top of their lungs as they swung their banners, hoping for mingyu to notice them.

mingyu was waving all around to his fans, but paused when he locked eyes with the love of his life.

'i'll make you proud' mingyu thought

"mingyu!!" wonwoo cheered as he waved, receiving a flying kiss from mingyu, which the fan girls had though was directed at them as they screamed louder.

"where's jun?" wonwoo looked over at minghao, who was busy texting on his phone

"jun? he's a helper for backstage,,, they needed someone last minute for technical assistance so,," he shrugged as he turned to face the stage.

"oh, i see" wonwoo answered as the game begun.

.

after multiple of rounds, multiple times of swapping teams and players, it all came down to mj and pkd.