forty three

as they prepared for the wedding next week, wonwoo was busy at home, panicking with what he should wear for it.

"you're going to make me dizzy with you walking about here and there" minghao commented as he propped his chin on his hand

"should i wear something backless? lace? or should i just wear something normal?" wonwoo continued to pace around

minghao rolled his eyes, "you should just wear whatever you want-"

"but the choices are endless!" wonwoo exclaimed as he threw himself on the bed

"then wear them all"

"how?"

"i mean there is going to be two nights of it so"

"but that makes only for two dresses!"

"but still-"

"i should ask for mingyu's opinion-"

"you'll only ruin the surprise,"

"but i can't decide!"

"i'll decide for you then," minghao said as he stood up, taking a good look at the dresses.

"what about this?" minghao asked as he pulled out a maroon coloured dress.

"would it look good on me?"

"of course, it compliments your complexion," minghao explained.

"you look like you've studied them well," wonwoo commented.

minghao blushed, "what?"

"have you been waiting for jun to propose?" wonwoo teased as he smiled, lips curving up along with the ends of his eyes.

"def- definitely not!" minghao looked the other way, covering his glowing face.

"definitely so." wonwoo corrected.

"you're just lucky that mingyu took hints..."

"i have never hinted for mingyu to propose..."

"then?"

"i only told him to publicize the relationship-"

"and that man took it to a whole new level! that's the point, wonwoo!" minghao exclaimed.

wonwoo's mouth went agape, "what are you talking about?"

"your man has taken that to a whole new level! my standards for proposal have raised because of mingyu!" 

wonwoo chuckled, "well... or you could just tell jun straight up to put a ring on it, or you're leaving."

"but what if he still doesn't..."

"he will, trust me." wonwoo smiled.

"how do you know?"

"i don't, but mingyu does," wonwoo smiled

minghao rushed towards wonwoo, grabbing his arms as he shook wonwoo, "you have to tell me what the man is up to,"

"a surprise is a surprise," wonwoo cheekily smiles as he raised a finger to his lips.

minghao huffs, "you're with them, aren't you?"

"i'm just with the plan," wonwoo shrugged.

"you're mean," minghao huffed as he crossed his arms.

"so are you, hao," wonwoo answered as he fixes his eyes back onto the dresses.

"what if he doesn't want a crowd?" mingyu paces around the room in his suit. "i've only invited my family, but they have invited all of their friends! what if wonwoo-"

"calm down, i'm sure he will be fine."jun assured.

"i don't want him to be nervous around all of them, he is going to walk down the aisle," mingyu reasoned.

"if he could put up with your annoying ass, i'm sure he would be able to do it a few times more."

mingyu rolled his eyes before one of the organizers had opened the door, telling mingyu to be at the venue in ten minutes. "alright, thank you," mingyu nodded as he stood up.

"ready to go?" jun asked.

"was ready from the day i laid my eyes on him," mingyu assured.

"cringe," 

"c'mon, let's get going, don't wanna delay it any longer than it already has."

"yeah, yeah, mr lover boy," jun teased as he followed behind.

"congratulations," mingyu received as he was on his way to the main hall, he bowed in gratitude before thanking them, before bringing them into the hall as well.

"you can do this," minghao encouraged after noticing the hand tremors that wonwoo was experiencing as he stared into his reflection in the mirror.

"am i sure?" wonwoo questioned, which alarmed minghao.

"are you sure? what do you mean?"

"do you think, marrying mingyu is the right choice-"

"nonsense, you two are made for each other," minghao assured. "fated to be before you were even born into this world."

"this feels so unreal, like too good to be true, that... makes me question it," wonwoo explained, "i just don't want this marriage to- i don't know if this marriage will affect mingyu in his career-"

"if anything happens to his career, that's on him, it was his decision to propose, and i'm sure he would choose you over anything in this world," 

wonwoo lets out a nervous laugh, "i guess so."

"now, let's get you ready for the ceremony."

wonwoo nods as he looks at the mirror one last time, "let's get the show rolling," 

-

a/n; shitty filler chap bc next chap onwards gonna be a ride ',;)