𝙰𝚁𝙲 𝙸 . 𝙸𝚇 𝙳𝚁𝙾𝚆𝙽

Its past midnight I still have the last day tomorrow and been repeating going dumb for like a thousand times this weekend

The whole room eaten by flames. Junhee's figure swept away. Jeonghan clapped to himself.

"You think I would burn?" Junhee pulled out a smirk.

Jeonghan froze. As the fire receded. Junhee with water blasting from the cracks of the floor. His jade eyes glow, so bright, needing to squint his eyes. One more crack opened, and more fire extinguished. But still, more fire still burned the room. Jeonghan started to throw more oil to the ground, yet burning it again.

Steps started to fall from the halls, and Jeonghan took measurements to stretch his wings. But before that, Junhee pulled out a light rope from his hands, tying up Jeonghan. Jeonghan tried to kick the tie but it keeps getting tighter. More holes pop out.

Someone entered the room. Hui. He screamed to call the guards. But before that, Junhee's thirst got worse. He fell as the rope on Jeonghan's body loosened. But more cracks appeared on the ground, almost extinguishing all the fire.

The guards caught Jeonghan. For the first time, Jeonghan is in the position of defeat. His arms chained to handcuffs. In Between the guards busy with Jeonghan, Junhui rushed to drag Junhee out of the smoking fire, sneaking through the door.

Hui took a closer look, and saw his dry fins. He didn't know what to do. His temperature became hot. One thing he knew that he can't let anyone know. He hides Junhee in a room for now, locking as he thinks of his next action. Will Junhee get worse if he lets it be? Will he die? Will he suffer for the rest of his life?

He hated the overdramatic thoughts running to his head. So he took a flight outside, flying through the halls, thinking nonstop. He found a mini water fountain around there. Maybe a compress with water and silk work?

Ah no! He's not the one to take risk. So he rushed through the stadium. Turns out there's some kind of speech by Donghun first before the announcement of levels. He's not sure about it. But he hopes that Junhee's "friend" (though he believes it's bullshit that they aren't dating!) knows what's up with him having a fever and fins showing. It's his best shot. He bumped into one of the staff.

"I want to make an announcement!" Hui said to one of the staff.

"It's not an appropriate time!" the staff yelled.

He snatched a microphone around the table and blasted from the backstage towards the stadium. The audience's attention diverts to him all.

"WHICH OF YOU FUCKERS ARE JUNHEE'S BOYFRIEND AGAIN??" Hui soared around the stadium in panic. Gazing at everyone's face one by one, as he tried to remember which one is that guy, until a black haired handsome dude caught his eye.

He pulled Chan out of the crowd. Good thing Chan spread his wings and regained balance.

"What the fuck do you want me to do?!" Chan whispered. Much from a 'fun and chill' guy Junhee said some moments ago.

Hui put his lips closer to Chan as they landed down, acting as if they didn't interrupt God's speech in front of hundreds of audience, "Junhee... Fever... and fins?"

"Oh!" Chan nodded, but then he noticed the god's gaze into one of them.

"I am sorry your majesty," Hui bowed deep as he realizes how stupid his panic was.

"Reason for interruption?" Donghun said without a hint of emotion.

"Junhee... Felt ill all a sudden and thought needed help from someone close to him,"

The edge of his lips turned up, "understandable, have a nice day,"

What they didn't know is a sneaky smirk from Donghun.

"Boyfriend...? Interesting..." he murmured under his breath as he continued the speech.

After that they went out to the room where Junhui hides Junhee's body. A sigh of relief came out when the workroom remained empty. Chan checked for Junhee, his body is way hotter than usual, his fins had a more texture rough with his skin tinting in a slight red. Pulling out some tissues, he poured some water from his bottle and put it onto his skin.

"He needs to get contact with wa- water, and when... he wakes up he needs to drink," Chan said, trying to sound cool, but his words trip and turn and he breathed mid-sentence. For the moment, Hui tried to rap the story of what happened, which Chan only nodded.

But with some wait, Junhee is yet to wake up. Chan's heartbeat kept escalating, sounding even bigger than blabber of panic from Hui,

"Just throw him to the pond!"Hui yelled.

"Ha?" Chan blanked, but he nodded, "Ah, genius! W- where?"

They did it. Even with the heat of Junhee's body, and how heavy it seems, Chan lifted him without much thought. It did feel like fire all over his back, but now their focus is to bring Junhee to the pond.

A few blocks after the emergency exit, a small pond spread hidden behind a pre-school. With swans swaying around and the lily pads hitting one of another. His strength has left the younger speechless, admiring him.

"Oh y- yeah!" Chan said as he pulled out a ring with an aquamarine jewel in the middle, "I can breathe underwater with this. Don't worry. And, thank you. You're kind of a decent person... I guess,"

"Thank you, I'm guessing you would take your time underwater. I'll be leaving now, I hope we have the chance to meet again," Hui lets his wings spread and soars into the sky.

Before he left his skin touched the water, and put on his underwater-breathing ring that he always slipped in his pocket for emergencies. Slow dropping to the water, deeper as he views the koi fishes. Some colored white, some colored orange, and the ones with a mix of either and tints of red, fluttering their fins around the water, unbothered by their interruption.

Chan loves the underwater. When the water wraps his skin, the felt of tranquility zaps up. It felt comfortable, like a blanket around him. He loved the scenery, the sunlight stopped to attack. No drip so sweats, probably the reason for his desperation for specializing underwater.

Sunlight fades as Chan focuses on Junhee who he wrapped around tight, his fever decreasing as he opens his eyes. He hugged him.

"You lied, you promised me you'll be okay," he whispered to Junhee's ear.

"Things happen without any warning, you know." Junhee chuckled. "in example is, getting attacked by an angel-devil arson maniac while you we're getting you're drink at the infimary room."

"Fair point,"

[ 00 : 15 ]