𝙰𝚁𝙲 𝙸 . 𝚇𝙸𝙸 - 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃

School is truly driving my nuts,, so ur ( @ teachers ) saying we never learned abt old stuff and now somehow we only have three weeks to learn 14-pages of hundreds of points to do list of materies ( idk if my words make sense)  of all three levels of middle school ( yep, exposing my age rite there aye-)?? 

Age changes are gonna be kinda weird after this hehe

but enjoy!

"How are you?" Chan asked when he arrived at the door after a long day of missions

Junhee turned back, "Not that horrible. With some disturbing amount of low graders who can't even aim but have the audacity to mock,"

Junhee arrived for an hour or so, watching animal documentaries at that television thing Byeongkwan brought a few years ago.

An earth's human creation, used by them in day-to-day life. Byeongkwan brought it as a present for himself a few years ago. Chan never understood about what's so interesting about that human magic, until he sat on the sofa to experience it while his body leaned to Junhee.

As usual, Junhee stole Chan's oversized hoodies without permission again. Though Byeongkwan brought Junhee too many clothes, sometimes he would snatch someone else's. Byeongkwan complained about it as annoying, but for Chan that behaviour came off cute.

His oversized orange hoodie fits perfectly for Junhee's build, and he looked... stunning. Chan lets himself drown in the softness of the hoodie, and the warmth of Junhee's body.

"Are you comfortable?" Chan asked.

"Very,"

Chan realized the magic of staring at a moving picture as he hears someone blabbering about animals. He loved animals, especially sea creatures. Today the TV shows a documentary about a variety of octopuses. And Chan can't help but open his extroverted mouth to Junhee.

"Oh! That blue ringed octopus! Did you know it will flash it's rings when it feels like it's in danger!"

Junhee knows. Restless nights in his palace room spent reading about everything.But not like those rigid textbooks that tortures, Chan's soothing voice reciting everything gave a spark to his stomach.

"Tell more," Junhee said.

After that he lets Chan blabber too much of animal facts, and Junhee awes in silence. The television is no longer the center of attention.

The tip of his head pops out the awaited glowing yellow circle.

"Halo..." Chan muttered.

Junhee also looks up, it's not the first time he saw something like this, but it is his first time seeing it himself. He saw this and thought how beautiful and sparkly it is.

"This means I have a mission?" Junhee asked.

Chan nodded, "what are you waiting for?"

Junhee smiled as he waved his goodbyes towards Chan, soaring high into the sky. It's a calm afternoon, with some angels with halos running here and there ready for a mission; A halo itself is a symbol for an assigned mission, and it will vanish into thin air on free occasions.

He arrived at the mission office that Chan told him a while ago. It's a building in the center of the city, around the water fountain and a little park. Lots of angels chill and hang out there, chatting to each other.

When he entered, the room filled with receptionists, a row of around ten greeted him. All he had to do was sit tidy in one of the waiting chairs when a yell heard.

"Wen Junhui and Park Junhee, receptionist eight!"

In shock, he looked around. Only to gaze at Hui and find out he is as surprised as Junhee is. They tip-toed together the receptionist in which they receive a receipt of order.

"A duo mission, fire at a kid's shelter in DISTRICT 10, NO 256. Cause : devil's rampage."

It's his first mission, and better with a friend. He can't get more excited.

They flew away as Hui read the map. Junhee helped stabilize Hui's unstable flight stance. But Hui kept his quiet around their flight.

"Tell me about why they have these things named 'child shelter'? '" Junhee asked.

"So... Angels... Not like humans... They can reproduce from two ways, vegetatively and generatively. Some angels, well, decided to, to... marry and fuck, and children... Yes, But, but, it's rare, most angels prefer spending their lives being single. So there's the vegetative system... when the rain falls, the ground will have a lot of nutrients, and then magically grow a tree. And when, when the tree is grown up, some experts... well, I don't know- "

"Yeah there's a chance a baby will appear, they're taken to these child shelters..."

Hui muttered so fast his words slipped and tripped and trembled.

But what Junhee later noticed was it wasn't just Hui's voice who's trembling, his whole body dripped with sweat.

"Nervous?" Junhee asked.

"No," Hui let out a deep breath, "I'm a little overwhelmed. I'll be okay,"

Junhee nodded as they continued their flight. Close to them, a mix of the orange horizon, a tint of red with smoke fumes gather up at the sky. As they got closer, something squeezed Hui's neck and pulled him to the back. He coughed and tried to open his mouth to scream for help.Turns out a devil had gripped his neck with his sharp claws, letting blood drip into Hui's white attires.

But when Junhee moved forward, another devil struck from below and pulled his leg. From Hui's view, Junhee disappeared in between the trees.

He decided to grip the hands of the devil, forcing the grip out of his neck. His wound became wider, but he didn't let that distract him. He doesn't want to fail.

After the released grips he twisted the devil's arms, and a kick right in the stomach, the devil threw far. But acting like it's not enough, Hui shot lots of light bullet.

Crashing with the dried leaves all over his body, no sight of Junhee anywhere. But more devils poped  out behind the trees, Hui have to slay them for now. Hui didn't know what got into him, but the next minute is him shooting in every direction without careful aim, but most of them hit on the right place.

After the devils laid unconscious on the ground, Hui ran into the kid's shelter. In there, unconscious devils pile up and some kids and carer angels chit chat and heal each other.

Junhee stood up at the door's threshold of the now only smoke building with a kid he carried with his hands. The boy seemed quite tall, around a pre-teenager, with burn wounds all over his face.

"If I have to repeat, I will not let one of you execute this kid," Junhee said with an assertive tone.

"Hei stupid new human! Don't go around telling us what you think is best for this kid, okay?" one of the angels moved forward, "His skin torned, flawed. Maybe humans like you don't get it, but if flaws like these appear, their consequences are death!"

Junhee kept his composure by arranging his breath rhythm, "If I take care of this kid, will you not let the kid die?"

"You can, but you're just gonna waste your time and resources,"

But before even another move, Junhee's balance started to drift. Before Junhee crashes, Hui snatched the kid from his arms.

Right, his water bottle still filled full.