𝙰𝚁𝙲 𝙸 . 𝚇𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙼𝙴 𝙳𝙸𝙴

OMG hello!! Sorry it took awhile! I broke my laptop and I forgot to backup most of the chapters, but good thing it's fixed and here we are! Long school break has started so might aswell try my best on updating! Enjoy! 

Also Lilac bop omg

"We got the adoption papers!!" Chan screamed of joy.

It's been a long week. When told about the kid that's near killed because of his physical state, Chan didn't hesitate to nod. They've aimed to hand over the rights of Mingyu's legal guardian.

"You got it because everyone's scared of the all mighty Yuchan!" Byeongkwan said in a playful way, but later realized he fucked up, "wait Chan- I'm so sorry-"

"Yeah,"

But how Chan gazes at him in slight discomfort, even to the point where tears boil up in the tip of his eye. Byeongkwan realized his mistake and whispered "sorry". But that's all it took for Chan to put on his poker all the way from the office to their house.

"May I know what offended you?" Junhee asked.

"Sorry, I rather not talk about it,"

As they flew on, Chan kept his distance close to Junhee, even slightly leaning.

With initiative, Junhee touched the tips of Chan's finger, searching for Chan's approval. His hands slipped to hold Chan's hand as they soared home.

When they stepped inside, the only light that the child with the brown hair curled up into a ball with sobs echoing around the room. Sometimes he held back his screams, squeezing his arms, trying to breathe in between sobs.

Before they got their adoption papers, no healing houses got permission to heal the kid. Well, because his state of soon-to-be executed. The three tried their best to buy any medicine that will make the kid's pain more bearable. But then, the burn wounds are mid-serious and they're not exactly healers.

"Mingyu," Chan kneeled as now their heads are quite the same height, "let's go to a healer's house!"

When Mingyu releases his body, he pushed Chan to the back, "WHY DON'T YOU B*TCHES LET ME DIE?!"

Chan froze, before he realized what happened and moved forward to pull the kid's sleeves. "Listen here you fucking ungrateful hellbreed bitch! My best friend saved you from the fire and SAVED you out of execution! So at the very least, BE GRATEFUL!"

"KANG YUCHAN, STOP!" Junhee screamed, pulled him back to release Mingyu. Chan can't even describe the shock that shivers in his back.

After that Mingyu tensed down, and his sobs became louder as more tears came down dripping, "I don't get it! Why would you want to save me?! Why? You won't gain any benefit if you adopt me anyways, I'm just gonna be a burden!"

"Then you'll be my- our burden." Junhee stepped forward, and lent a hand to Mingyu, "accept it. We've saved you from a short lifespan and now you're gonna be in our care. Now, let's go to the healer's house,"

Junhee bridal-carried Mingyu and slammed the door shut. Both of them we're shut still. Chan can't process the scream Junhee directed at him. While Byeongkwan guilt lingers about the joke that maybe... opened Chan's old wound? The reason he leashed it all to the little boy

But when Junhee soared, Chan fluttered his wings out from the door and up high. While Byeongkwan's halo popped out. Walking to prepare his love arrows, his body shook again. So he stepped into his room. After a few gulps of water and counting his breath to control, he let himself lay on the bed. Only five minutes, he hoped those thoughts shoo away without him entering slumber.

***

This time Junhee soared in a quick pace, still with a few twists and turns from unbalanced flaps and the hit of the wind. Chan tailed behind, but brushed it off. Chan called his name a few times. No answer. Even then, Junhee's body is only a dot in the sky from where Chan flew.

They arrived at the healer's house. Junhee picked a medium-sized place, white walls, a few healers and patients wandering around the center path from chiseled stone. Flowers growing left and right, colors ranging from shocking pink to violet.

When Junhee met the receptionist, they served Mingyu a room with a healer on his side. The room opens wide, shared with other three beds, with a partition as a divider. Mingyu laid on the bed, and the healer analyzed his body. Junhee sat on one of the flip chairs available.

Junhee's thoughts muddled up, looking at the boy. When their eyes met, awkward tense arose, Mingyu tilted his head away. Junhee sighed.

Will he succeed in taking care of such a kid?

He's not exactly sure of what he's doing. He didn't know much on how to care for a child. But for sure, her mother's way of raising him will never be the right way.

He peaked at a table beside Mingyu's table. A few books stacked on each other. But the top shows a thick book titled "Adopted a Kid... Then What?" and a smaller font written beneath it "Things You Need To Know About Kids,"

"May I?" Junhee pointed at the book.

The healer nodded, and Junhee's hours wasted on reading word by word. It's something natural to absorb much information, like the times he's forced to memorize entire books. He flipped the pages of a gigantic, small-font book every minute. Every chapter break, he would shut the book and mutter out the entire of said chapter, then reading again.

Even with Chan entering and whispering Junhee's name, his focus remains. A few chapter breaks, the sun flared orange in the window behind the partition, the healer assistant walked in and gave the treatment bill.

He barged into his bag. He's not sure if all the payment from only four missions is enough to pay all it. He counted, but then Chan pulled out his crystal coins first.

"Here," he gave it to the assistant. From there, Junhee realized Chan sat beside him on another flip chair.

The assistant bowed and walked away from their place. Junhee took a deep breath when Chan started to focus on him, unsure of what to say after he screamed. He can't believe he would succumb to such behaviour, but Chan's actions reminded him too much about his mother. And maybe, screaming back to him is just the same?

"Since when are you here?" Junhee asked.

Chan huffed with a smile, "Since you're on Chapter Five : Schooling, "

"O- oh," Junhee opened his book again, but then Chan pulled his hand down.

"You're really mad at me," Chan whispered, "was I too harsh on Mingyu?"

"I get why you're angry," Junhee said, glaring at Chan's eyes, "but cursing at a child. I despise it. Just don't. Don't. Don't do it,"

Chan's head buzzed, understanding the viewpoint. An immense guilt stacked up.

"Sorry..." Chan muttered.

"Sorry to Mingyu, not me." Junhee pointed at Mingyu.

Hearing that, Mingyu tilted his face yet again. Chan slowly walks closer and closer towards Mingyu.

"Mingyu, I'm so sorry of what I said," Chan said, bending his body to Mingyu's head, "I shouldn't have cursed to you,"

And then silence occurs. Mingyu acted like no one stood there . But after a wait of a long tick of seconds, Mingyu nodded.

"I get it," Mingyu gritted his teeth, "You're right anyways, I should be grateful to your best friend."

Junhee in the back smiled, while rehearsing the last chapter of the book. He knows that this 'parenting' ( a word he learned from the book ) is going to be just okay. No, it's gonna be great.