𝙰𝚁𝙲 𝙸𝙸 . 𝙸𝙸𝙸 - 𝙳𝙸𝚂𝙰𝚂𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙳𝙸𝙽𝙽𝙴𝚁

" 'Tis is I, Han Jisung, adventurer who knows no barrier to sea, land, and sky to gain knowledge about how to keep inventing powerful medicine!" Jisung bowed when Mingyu came home after a long energy-sucking field trip.

"Hello new overdramaticly annoying uncle, I'm Mingyu. Are my parents still fighting?" Mingyu said.

"Your parents...?" Jisung looked at a Chan pulling his effort to cook and a Byeongkwan who gave up on volunteer work to lay at the sofa while the TV is still playing cheesy human romance, "I don't know kid, but they look okay to me."

"Oh good! Don't tell me I asked you!" Mingyu stretches his arms and walk passed him to enter the bathroom.

In the dining table Chan served his freshly-cooked meals made mostly by salted vegetable and fruits that smell all over the room. After the table neatly organized, Chan invites him to sit, nicely. While Byeongkwan on the other hand, got dragged by foot with both of them arguing back and forth while laughing. Jisung can't help but in awe of how cute their relationship are.

"You can't even differeciate teaspoon and tablespoon and here you are cooking for a guest!" Byeongkwan huffed.

As they continue to bicker here and there, Jisung already started slurping the instant noodles that might just taste a bit too spicily bitter in his mouth than the usual ones he ate on earth. Do they have different tastebuds? He wonders.

But since he's starving after quite a long time, he slurped a portion of the noodle and licked the whole bowl when it's already clean. He can already feel his stomach rebelling from the spiciness of what he consumed.

"Ah Jisung, I'm sorry Junhee aburptly left. He's pretty busy lately." Byeongkwan said first, breaking their bickering.
"I know he's been a rising star lately, don't worry!" Jisung smiled as he now takes another bite of an overly-sugary tasting cheesecake, "Meeting him again is already an unreal expirience, good thing I pushed him to join you to the upperworld."

"All of this is your idea??!" Chan's dropped his spoon.

"Yea, cuz' I know things about angels and I thought sending him here will lead him to a better life! Now look at him living with such a nurturing and loveable couple and a job he seemed enthustiastic about!"

"Couple?!" Chan and Byeongkwan said at the same time, tilting their heads to each other in disgust.

"Where did you get that idea?" Chan said with a slightly embarassed voice.
"Mingyu...?"

"That child ain't mine, that Chan and your brother's child." Byeongkwan chuckled as both of his palms put in the back of his head.

Jisung eyes wide open, staring blankly in front of them, "I'm sorry, but what the actual fuck? Are you dating him or something?!"

"It's techinacally Junhee's child. Not literally mine, we, we- are not a couple. Junhee found him and they wanted to execute him because of his scars so he adopted him, but since the rules needed to fill for two caregivers I just filled in the role," Chan said with a straight flat voice, deep enough to intimidate, "do you have a problem with it?"

"No..."

Jisung went full silence after that, slurping the last of the strawberry milkshake before he pulled the chair back and stood up.

"Thank you for the feast, it has been a delight! But now I have errands to run, see you later, okay?" Jisung bowed again before packing his belongings. Still silent, not even once looked back

" 'a delight' is one way to describe your cooking, eh?" Byeongkwan joked around as Jisung exits the door.

Chan elbowed Byeongkwan, "Stop your jokes, I think he's seriously and extremely pissed off knowing Mingyu is me and Junhee's child. For Donghun's sake this is a dinner disaster!"

"Or he sucks at making positively proffesional reaction and your little speech explanation scared the shit out of him," Byeongkwan laughs it off like it's nothing.

Chan kept thinking about what happened. Also the fact that he fumbled his words when they are in word!

Little did they know Mingyu still awaken in his room with books stacked around him. He listens to every word of the conversation. That Chan himself declare isn't Mingyu's parental figure.

It's not like he cares anyway, he knows Chan never accepted his presence. His eyes became heavier, so he closes the curtains. He shuts the book he's reading. He slowly closes his eyes on the slightly dark room with light only coming inbetween the curtains.