Go Out With Me

**Female reader**

       The teens groaned in frustration as Chris put them through another day of torture, and it's supposed to be a free day. Duncan smacked his head into the tree in front of him as Chris marched across the campground towards the tree line. He froze almost instantly as (Y/N) walked out from the trees. She adjusted her glasses as she reviewed the paperwork in her hands.

"Excuse me, Chris? Do you have a moment?" Chris's bad mood melted away almost instantly, and he nodded, walking alongside (Y/N) and listening to everything she had to say.

Gwen watched in awe, nudging Trent and LeShawna. The three watched from the docks as Chris partially smiled and nodded at something (Y/N) said.

"Are you two seeing what I'm seeing?" Gwen asked, confused by the sight in front of her.

"If you are seeing Chris' bad mood disappear right before our eyes just because of (Y/N), then yes." Trent commented.

"We have got to get those two together." LeShawna crossed her arms, watching as Chris laughed.

       Chris and (Y/N) walked to his trailer, still reviewing the paperwork. Chris had stopped listening halfway there, but (Y/N) was oblivious. He just nodded along to her words, focusing more on how she adjusted her glasses and pushed her hair behind her ears when she spoke.

"What do you think of the current write-up for the next season?" Chris laughed slightly.

"Would you believe me if I said I wasn't listening?" She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Of course I would. I'll just leave this paperwork with you. I'll retrieve it tomorrow, okay?" Chris nodded, taking the paperwork from her hands. "Alright, see you tomorrow. Goodnight, Chris." She smiled softly, walking towards her trailer.

(Y/N) entered her trailer and turned on the light. She nearly screamed at the sight of two people sitting on her couch.

"Don't scream! We just want to talk to you." She calmed her racing heart and sat on the chair across from them.

"What are you two doing here? How did you even get in?" Duncan popped in from her kitchen, a can of soda in his hand. "Oh, that explains it. What do you want?"

"We want you to go on a date with Chris." Her cheeks burned red, and she stuttered out her response.

"W-what? A date? With...with Chris?" LeShawna nodded.

"Yeah, girl, we know he likes you. Question is, do you like him?" (Y/N) pushed her glasses up on her nose and looked at her lap.

"Of course I do- b-but you don't know he likes me. I doubt it. I'm just his dorky assistant." Gwen shook her head.

"We can see it. He was in an awful mood all day, and then you showed up, and his mood changed instantly." Gwen explained.

"I had paperwork regarding next season. He probably knew it was good news." Duncan rolled his eyes.

"No way, he definitely likes you. Trust us."

"Even if I trust you guys, Chris would never ask me on a date. I mean, look at me." (Y/N) gestured to herself and looked down at her outfit.

"We will take care of it. Just be ready for a date tomorrow night." Slowly, she nodded.

"Alright...I'll trust you guys..."

      The next night, (Y/N) got ready for a date. After a shower, she chose a nice outfit and braided her hair into a low french braid before heading down to the docks to meet the campers who planned the whole thing. Approaching the docks, (Y/N) met with Duncan, Trent, Gwen, and LeShawna.

"So, how did you guys get this to work?"

"We left a note in Gwen's fanciest handwriting," LeShawna said.

"It said to meet you at the mess hall tonight at 8." Trent added.

"Hopefully, he understands it's a date." Gwen added. Slowly nodding, (Y/N) smiled and smoothed out the top of her outfit.

"Okay...well...wish me luck, I suppose." (Y/N) turned and walked towards the mess hall, nerves eating at her insides. (Y/N) walked into the mess hall, noticing she was a few minutes early, and sat down at the nicely decorated table in the center. She noticed Chef standing nearby and smiled.

"Hey, Chef!"

"How's it going, (Y/N)?" She smiled slightly.

"Great! I'm supposed to meet Chris here..." She nervously chewed on her lower lip as the clock hit 8. Chef smiled sadly.

"Right. I'm here for that...Chris sent me." Her smile fell. "He can't...make it tonight. He's sorry. He sent me with the paperwork you asked for, though." She slowly nodded her head.

"Right...thank you."

"Was this suppose to be a date or something?" He asked, looking at the difference in her hair and clothes and the table. She pushed her glasses up on her nose and nodded slightly.

"Yeah...uh...some of the teens thought Chris might have feelings for me or something. Convinced me this would better his overall mood or something." She laughed uncomfortably and cleared her throat, taking the paperwork. "Thanks for the paperwork, Chef." She waved slightly, leaving the mess hall and heading towards the trailers. The teens were still at the docks and ran up to her noticing how soon she was leaving.

"What happened?" Gwen asked. A shaky sigh left her lips, and she smiled slightly.

"He sent Chef to give me the paperwork from yesterday. Sorry guys, it isn't happening." She shook her head, walking away from the teens.

      (Y/N) walked into her trailer, noticing Chef leaving Chris' trailer. He gave her a sympathetic smile and left for his own trailer. (Y/N) sighed, closing the door and taking off her shoes. She took her hair down and ran her fingers through the loose waves, walking to her room and changing into some pajamas. As she started brushing her teeth, there was a knock on her door. (Y/N) answered the door, toothbrush still hanging from her lips to see Chris with a bouquet. Her face burned bright red, and she laughed nervously. She held up a finger, closing the door, and rushed back to her bathroom to rinse her mouth before returning to the door.

"Uh- hi! Uh...what are you doing here?" She asked nervously. He pushed the bouquet of wildflowers out towards her. The yellow, white, and orange colors blared brightly against her dark pajamas as she took them. "Thank you- would you... like to come in?" (Y/N) let him in as she went to find something to put the flowers in.

"Chef told me about the mess hall." Her cheeks burned bright as she filled a tall glass with water.

"It was the campers. They uh...were just...being teenagers." He was silent at her reply. (Y/N) placed the flowers in the glass of water, turning back to Chris. "Please, sit down." She offered, motioning towards the couch. She sat in the chair across from the couch as she had done with the campers. Chris sat on the couch, staying silent. The silence was awkward, and she chewed on her lower lip as she adjusted her glasses again.

"You went."

"What?"

"You went to the mess hall." She looked at him confusedly and nodded.

"Yeah."

"Chef said you dressed nice and braided your hair." Her cheeks turned light pink, and she nodded again. "You- you thought it was a date." Slowly, she nodded again, turning her attention to anything but Chris. "I didn't know." She shrugged.

"It's alright." Chris shook his head.

"Go on a date with me. A real date. We can go anywhere you want." It wasn't a question. He wasn't asking her.

"What?"

"Go out with me." He smiled. "Please." She returned the smile.

"Okay."

A/N: I might make a part two to this one, but I'm not exactly sure yet.