Are You Free on Friday?

Gender Neutral Reader!

A/N: Sorry for the delay between the last chapter and this one. Life and School have been simultaneously kicking my butt. Sorry it is a little shorter than normal! My first chapters after getting back into it (when its been a while) usually are a little shorter. Hope you enjoy it!

(Y/N) laughed alongside their best friend of the past 3 years. Ever since they were hired as a Cohost on some crummy teenage show. They were currently sitting behind some monitors reviewing footage in the plane. It was getting late, and (Y/N) was getting tired, but the footage was just....too good.

"Holy shi-"

"Language, (Y/N)." Chris teased. (Y/N) rolled their eyes and pointed at a screen before rewinding it. "Holy shit."

"Language, Chris." (Y/N) stuck their tongue out at him as he rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

"Copy cat."

"ME? Copy YOU? Never." They scoffed, a small smile on their face. "I'm sorry I missed the elimination ceremony this evening. Who got kicked out of the plane?"

"DJ." (Y/N) frowned.

"Awe, Imma miss him. He always brought me the cutest little animals to play with." They sighed, sitting back in their chair and yawned. "It's getting late..." (Y/N) turned to face Chris who was currently sitting in his own chair, looking at them. "I should get to bed. You don't look this good without a good night's sleep." They joked. Chris scoffed.

"I look better."

"Oh, really? Totally Teenz Magazine begs to differ." They tossed their copy of it on the desk in front of Chris before leaving the room, holding back a laugh. As they closed the door behind them, they could hear the chair scrapping as Chris rushed to grab the magazine from the desk.

Chris and (Y/N) were standing next to each other while the contestants worked on building a dinosaur creation. It was the final four. Cody, Sierra, Alejandro and Heather. Alejandro was working to make Sierra vote off Heather, while Heather was working to get Cody to vote off Alejandro. Things were getting messy.

"Where did he get those pictures?" Chris asked, watching Alejandro amp up Sierra.

"He made them, using the security footage." (Y/N) crossed their arms, watching the events unfold as Sierra broke a dinosaur bone in anger.

"...how did he get security footage?"

"Where do you think I got the donut?" (Y/N) motioned to their donut in their favorite flavor.

"Where did he get the donut?"

"I didn't ask." They shrugged, continuing to munch on the special treat. As they were finishing the donut, Chris managed to snatch it, finishing it off for them.

"Thanks for the treat, (Y/N)!"

"Wha-HEY MY DONUT!" (Y/N) grumbled and pouted beside Chris, who chuckled.

"I'll buy you some more, don't worry." They grinned.

Confessional- (Y/N)

"Chris took the last bite of my donut, but he's buying me more, so who really won?"

End Confessional

Chris and (Y/N) just finished the ceremony, Sierra getting kicked off the plane, even though she received her first marshmallow. She blew up the plane with a sparkler birthday cake for Cody.

"I cannot believe she blew up the plane!" Chris exclaimed, as he listened to Heather and Alejandro talk about the next challenge.

"As usual, you two only think of yourselves." Cody was struggling to free Sierra and (Y/N) was assisting. Chef pushed a giant crate out from the rubble of the plane. Sierra was helped into a wheelchair, that Heather brought over.

"MY EMERGENCY KIT. WE'RE SAVED!" (Y/N) turned to watch as Chris and Chef opened the kit.

"Is that a three-seater?" Alejandro asked.

"Yep. Chef, myself and (Y/N)." He said taking them by the wrist and dragging them to the plane. "You three will be competing to get to the island, using your wits and what you can find here." He released their wrist, hand brushing against their own. (Y/N) felt a light blush dust their cheeks and climbed into the plane with Chef.

"But were in the middle of nowhere."

"True, so check these fancy dancy GPS's I'm generously giving you."

"Middle of nowhere, Alberta. Well, they work." Heather read. (Y/N) tuned out the conversation as Chris improvised the rest of the introduction to the episode.

Several hours into traveling, the contestants were on their way to Hawaii, Chef, Chris and (Y/N) Hovering above, watching it unfold. Chris and (Y/N) were a bit cramped in the back of the helicopter.

"So, (Y/N) what are you doing on Friday?" Chef asked.

"Hm...Friday is the day after the final episode, right? Probably nothing, since all my stuff was blown up in the plane." They shrugged. Chef nodded.

"Chris?"

"Uh, probably mourning the loss of my plane." He joked, kinda.

"Do you two want to go see a movie, Friday night? The new comedy is playing."

"Oh, sure! Sounds like fun." (Y/N) nodded, enthusiastically. "I love theater popcorn."

"You just like food."

"Fair enough." They shrugged in agreeance.

"But, yeah, it does sound fun. I'm in." Chris nodded.

"Great, you two have fun." Chef put on a headset, blocking the two of them out, a small victorious grin on his face.

"Did he just-" (Y/N) asked, a bright pink blush dusting their cheeks.

"Yep..." Chris cleared his throat, watching the hail hit the helicopters windows.

"Uh...we don't have to go-" (Y/N) started.

"Yeah...or we could. As friends?" Slowly, though saddened by the thought, (Y/N) nodded.

"Yeah...as friends. Sounds great." Their voice cracked slightly at the end, and they coughed to cover it. The helicopter held an awkward silence. "...or maybe as more than friends? If...you're up for it?" (Y/N) refused to look at Chris as the words left their mouth. It was silent for a moment.

"I'd like that." Chris' voice caught them off guard and they grinned.

"Great!" They turned to look at Chris and smiled. He sneakily grabbed their hand, holding it as they continued to follow the contestants towards Hawaii.