Cheater

Chris X Male! Reader

(Y/N) was currently not on speaking terms with a certain McLean. He could not believe the audacity of Chris McLean. They had been together for 2 years now. (Y/N) had never been happier in a relationship than he is with Chris, and he is relatively sure Chris felt the same way- that is, until last night when (Y/N) discovered Chris had cheated, the day before.

Flashback

(Y/N) had spent most of the morning prepping for their anniversary date night. It had become a six-month tradition, for every half anniversary to have a special date night. Not a fancy, expensive, formal night but an at-home, home cooked meal or take out, board games and movies type of date night. (Y/N) had everything set up before leaving his apartment, ready to meet with Chris for lunch.

Lunch went well, the two shared some champagne and Chris made sure to overly-spoil his boyfriend-- as usual. He bought him a gift since it was (Y/N)'s turn to plan the date night this time. Chris had some work to do before this years recording of Total Drama so he left, promising to meet up with (Y/N) this evening at his apartment. He couldn't contain the smile on his face ad he returned home, making sure everything was tidy and picked up, the bathroom was clean and fresh, no dirty laundry lying around anywhere and making sure the kitchen was clear of dishes. Checking the time, (Y/N) hopped in the shower to finish getting ready for the evening.

(Y/N) brushed his teeth and hair, throwing on his favorite set of pajamas and ordered the dinner. He made sure to order Chris' favorite meal to be delivered for 7 pm. With an hour to go before Chris was expected to arrive, he took some time to set the table and get the wine ready for dinner.

Dinner went well, too. Chris and (Y/N) enjoyed each other's company and shared their wine, laughing about a funny story Chris had from work that day. Chris was also dressed in his pajamas, knowing partially what (Y/N) had planned for the evening, though not fully aware of everything prepared.

"Ready for our date night event?!" (Y/N) asked excitedly. Chris gave a skeptical look before nodding.

"Alright, sure. I'm ready, what do you have planned, (Y/N)?" He watched as (Y/N) laughed and ran to the back closet, grabbing something.

"Ta da!" He presented Chris with a newly unopened box.

"Uno? That is what you planned?" Chris snickered at his boyfriends overly excited nature.

"Yeah! You know how much I love games, and we haven't played one in a while! I was hoping this would be okay? If not I have a backup plan-"

"Its perfect, (Y/N)." Chris chuckled and shook his head. "You're adorable." (Y/N)'s cheeks reddened, and he grinned, taking his seat across from Chris and getting the card game ready.

(Y/N) had lost. Big time. He was currently sat in his chair pouting with his arms crossed across his chest. It didn't really bother him that he had lost, what bothered him is how BADLY he had lost.

"C'mere." Chris said, grabbing his hand and pulling him over to the couch. (Y/N) snuggled into Chris' side as he put on a movie for the couple to watch.

End Flashback

"Are you still not talking to me?" Chris asked, sitting across from his boyfriend at the dinner table. He crossed his arms and turned to the opposite direction. "I said I was sorry." Chris added, trying to glance at (Y/N)'s face. "You know you can't be mad at me for too long, (Y/N)." Chris continued. (Y/N) scoffed at the smug tone.

"You CHEATED." (Y/N) responded, giving a side glare to his boyfriend. Chris' face scrunched up at how he worded it.

"You make it sound so awful."

"Yeah, cause it is." (Y/N) gave him a 'duh' look and raised his brow.

"It wasn't the bad." Chris responded, smiling slightly. "Don't take it so seriously."

"But you cheated, Chris! That's not cool." Chris laughed, shaking his head.

"It was UNO. Come on, please?" Chris gave him the only expression he knew would break him. Slowly (Y/N) sighed.

"Fine. But-"

"Yes, we can play a new game. And I promise, no cheating."

~~~

"YOU CHEATED!"

"Did not."

"Did too!"

"Did not."

"Did too!"

"I can literally see the card sticking out from the tablecloth!" It was silent. "And your smiling!"

"...so?"

"Its your tell, (Y/N)." Chris stared stoically at his boyfriend who just started to laugh.

"Alright, yes, I cheated. Though, I'm surprised it took you this long to figure it out." Chris crossed his arms.

"Yeah well...I thought you were just really good at poker."

"Chris- no one is that good at poker—you're in your underwear and I'm fully clothed." (Y/N) tried to hide his laughter as Chris 'hmph'ed and pushed the cards to the center of the table.

"No more card games- we apparently both can't play properly." He joked, to which (Y/N) agreed.

"Okay...wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure, let me just-"

"Nope!" (Y/N) dragged Chris to the couch with his favorite throw blanket, not even giving Chris a chance to redress. 

A/N: this one is a bit short, but I thought it was a cute idea and wasn't sure how to extend it any more than I already had.