He LIKES Me

Chris X Male! Reader for  @trashy-alien-ant

Content warning: slight suggestive content- nothing serious

        Chris watched as (Y/N) laughed with the interns. The first set of interns to be half male, half female, and all of the females were flirting with (Y/N). Chris rolled his eyes and walked away from the scene before him, going back to planning the challenges. The interns were supposed to spend the next 2 weeks prepping for and checking the safety of all the challenges. He had yet to finish planning them all, but he knew the girls would be testing a lot of them. Chris ignored the hatred building in his system at the thought of all the girls flirting with (Y/N).

~~~

       (Y/N) awkwardly laughed along to the not-so-subtle flirts being thrown his way by the interns. Daisy, Sarah and Madilyn kept glaring at each other, bumping each other with their hip and trying to force his attention onto them. He shoved his hands in his pockets and glanced around the immediate area for something to do- to get away from the three.

"Ah, I think Chris needs my help! Gotta go!" He rushed off in the direction of a grumpy-looking Chris and cleared his throat.

"Hey, Chris. Do you need anything?" Chris glanced up, momentarily pausing before returning to his work.

"Yeah, I need you to get to work instead of flirting with the other interns." His voice was aggressive and (Y/N) visibly flinched before rubbing his arm.

"Oh! I-I wasn't flirting with them. I-"

"I don't care what you were doing- it wasn't work." Chris responded.

"R-right, sorry, sir. I'll get right on it." (Y/N) nervously rushed off, trying to find anything to occupy his time.

       (Y/N) had been working on building the challenges now for about a week. He did his best to ignore the flirting from the other interns, choosing to focus on work and trying to keep on Chris' good side. He shook his head as the curiosity of Chris possibly, ever liking him filled his mind.

"Yeah, right. Chris would never." He scoffed at his own thoughts, continuing his work. (Y/N) worried about the stability of the latest challenge, it didn't exactly seem safe. He had built it himself, though proud of his handiwork, the plans Chris had provided him didn't seem the greatest. Fear of completely getting on Chris' bad side, he made some minor changes, keeping it from completely falling apart when used by the campers.

"Nice work, intern. Looks great." Chris complimented. (Y/N)'s cheeks flared red.

"Thank you, sir!" His voice cracked slightly at the end, and he cleared his throat at the uncomfortably red tone in his cheeks for the embarrassment. "I followed your instructions best I could." Chris nodded, comparing the plans to the work before leaving (Y/N)'s side. He let out a breath of relief once Chris was out of view.

       (Y/N) was currently hiding behind a building, nerves flaring as he pushed himself as far as he could against the siding. Daisy was currently searching for him, drunk out of her mind from the 'intern party'. Apparently, the interns made a party to celebrate surviving the 2 weeks, and (Y/N) wanted no part of it.

"(Y/N)? Where are you?!" Daisy's words slurred and she stumbled past his hiding place.

"Oh, I found you!" A voice came from beside him. He went to scream but a hand was placed over his mouth. He turned to his right and noticed Sarah. Her cheeks were red with intoxication and she smiled. "Shhh don't want Daisy to find youuuuu!" She giggled. (Y/N) chuckled nervously, moving her hand off him.

"Right well, I'm going to go..this way..." He slowly backed away, running into someone.

"What do you two think you're doing behind my trailer?" Chris crossed his arms, glaring at the two interns.