I'm the Lucky One

A/N: Sorry I've been gone so long! I've been super busy with school (Capstone assignments), kids, and moving out of state- I just haven't had time to sit down and write! I hope this is to everyone's liking! Also, I'm not regularly getting notifications for WattPad, some I don't get at all, and only discover when I reread previous chapters. If I do not respond to a request, you can always message me as I have been receiving messages! Hope you like it!

GN! Plus size! Reader

(Y/N) has always been self-conscious. Having three older siblings who were always excelling at everything they did and were always noted as attractive- tends to make someone question themselves. They have always loved being the youngest of their siblings, it meant being spoiled by them all and their parents; however, it also meant the comparisons were never-ending.

Oh, you are Max's sibling? You must be fantastic at math!

Oh! You are related to Avery? Are you interested in trying out for track?

Wait- you are Elaina's sibling? You two definitely don't look alike. It got pretty annoying, pretty quickly; especially since (Y/N) and their siblings are complete opposites. (Y/N) sucked at math, hated sports and was not skinny and 'incredibly attractive' like their older siblings. They loved art and reading, they were shy and timid, and they were no where near the definition of skinny- and according to anyone who ever compared (Y/N) to their siblings, that meant they weren't attractive.

(Y/N) went to prom and homecoming, alone. All their friends had dates, and it shocked most of the teachers to hear that a (Y/L/N) was going alone. Every one of their siblings had been incredibly popular- but not (Y/N).

(Y/N) did not attend school sporting events, did not care for Homecoming week, and did not have any interest in after school clubs or activities. They preferred doing something artistic or reading a new book from the library. In fact, prom and homecoming wasn't really an interest either, they went to appease their parents.

When (Y/N) got a job working on TV, their parents were nervous. Their child, who has a lot of self esteem issues already, being on TV? But, they were supportive. Even went as far as making sure they had everything they needed, and reassured (Y/N) that if, for some reason, it didn't work out, they could always come home.

"Mom, Dad, I'm 25. I can do this. It's not like I'll actually be on tv." The job had been simple enough, tending to the kitchen and assisting the Chef. This TV show had already been on air for a season, and the producers decided Chef needed a second hand in the kitchen. (Y/N) applied, having taken a few cooking courses in high school, and enjoying them, they assumed it wouldn't be too bad.

Wrong. (Y/N) quickly fell in love with the host of the show, and their bosses best friend- Chris McLean. Billionaire who loved torturing teenagers for the fun of it, and whichever teen managed to stay on the show the longest, won a million dollars. It seemed easy enough when they were reading the idea for the show, but evidently, the...details...were a little misleading. In season one, they jumped off a cliff, had to sleep in the woods, were chased by a psycho killer...it was insane. (Y/N) had learned this from befriending some of the campers who took part in season 2- Total Drama Action.

Regularly, (Y/N) spoke with their siblings and parents about their work and how they were enjoying working in the kitchen. They mentioned how the camera had caught sight of them quite a few times- but apparently, according to their family, it had never been aired; causing (Y/N) to question Chris.

"I'm not saying I mind not being on tv, I actually was opposed to it, however, I have been on camera quite a few times, and my parents informed me they haven't seen me in the show?" Chris shrugged.