Don't You Die on Me--Please...

A/N: Another one with assistance from Kittenngrievous 

****Female Reader****

       (Y/N) and Chris had been together nearly 5 years. Having spent the last 2 months officially making Chris' home their home, she decided to do some yard work. Chris isn't at home often, so the yard stays barren and empty. (Y/N), however, really enjoys nature and gardening. Deciding to start with the hardest part, she grabbed a ladder from the garage, heading up it to clean the gutters. As she worked, she hummed her favorite song, making sure to grab all the leaves and muck, tossing it to the ground below her. When she was no longer able to reach the leaves, she would climb down, slide the ladder over, climb back up and start over. She was working at a decent pace, having finished two sides of the perimeter of the house. (Y/N) moved to the third side, climbing back up the ladder and continuing to pull the leaves and muck from the gutter. She flinched when something flew at her face, but when it stopped, she peeked her eyes open, finding nothing around her. Sighing in relief, she went back to pulling leaves from the gutter when it happened again. This time, a loud 'coo' was heard and her arm was scraped across the top. The bird flew at her again, going towards her face, and (Y/N) threw her arms up instinctively. The bird grabbed at her arms, yanking and clawing at her skin. She screamed, in both fear and panic as she struggled to get away from the bird. As she struggled and panicked, she felt the ladder shift under her. In too much of a panic from the bird, she jumped, trying to regain her balance, only to throw herself backward off the ladder and plummeting into the ground.

       Chris was arriving home after a long day of reviewing paperwork with the producers of his show. He was tired, hungry, and ready for a shower. However, when he got out of the car, he instantly heard his wife, (Y/N) struggling. It was distant but loud, almost echo-y. She was screaming. Chris quickly rushed from the car door he had just shut towards the house where he knew she had previously been. The screaming was getting louder, almost panicky. As he got closer, he followed it around the outside of the house, barely taking notice of the wet, mushy leaves under his shoes. He rushed around the corner, just in time to see (Y/N) push away from something and fall off of the ladder.

"(Y/N)!" He yelled, rushing over to her form. She had hit the ground hard. Hard enough a loud crack was heard upon impact. He dropped to his knees, tapping at her cheeks and repeating her name over and over again. When she didn't respond, he pulled out his phone, and dialed 911.

"911, what is your emergency?" Placing his phone on speaker, he placed it down beside him as he continued to try to wake (Y/N).

"My wife- sh-she fell off a ladder--I- I need help!" He rushed, looking at her pained expression.

"Okay, sir, calm down. I need an address. Can you give me your location?" As he relayed the information, he watched as she struggled to open her eyes. She was barely conscious. "What was she doing?"

"I- I don't know. I was at work...I just came home to her screaming and- and I saw her fall-I don't-"

"It'll be alright, sir. What is your name?"

"Chris- my name is Chris and- and her name is (Y/N) and...and I need her to be okay." He rushed his words, tears rushing down his cheeks as he gripped her hand. He turned his attention to her as he whispered to her. "Please be okay..."

"Paramedics are on route. Is she bleeding?" Chris nodded his head before remembering she could not see him.

"Yes, I- I think something attacked her, and- and I heard something crack... when she hit the ground." Chris cringed at his own words.