Not Just Friends

Female! Plus size! Reader

TW: mentions of sexual interactions, unspecified mentions of previous relationship abuse, mentions of fat fetish, mentions of disliking own body

**If I missed any tw I am so sorry, I read over it a few times but couldn't find anymore. 

(Y/N) sat in the recording room, watching the cameras as Chris once again tortured the campers. She was his other best friend, right up there with Chef Hatchet, so when he invited her to be the person to keep an eye on the cameras, she obviously accepted the offer. However, over the past several weeks, things had definitely changed in their relationship. (Y/N) was often found in a corner of the recording room, Chris' hands on her hips and his mouth against hers, or led back to his trailer, only to have to sneak away in the night. She assumed he wanted a Friend with Benefits, understandably so, when this island is so boring when he isn't recording. The only issue was, she has much much stronger feelings for Chris McLean and had been experiencing them for several months now. Chris made no move to ask her on a date, no move to flirt when there were people watching, no move to even really talk to her when the cameras were rolling. It seemed as though, he didn't want more than a side situation. She didn't mind, of course, it's not like anyone had really been interested in her since her last relationship- nearly a year ago. She didn't mind in the beginning, of course, mostly because of her infatuation with her best friend, knowing that was probably all she'd ever get. But, after several weeks of this and she was starting to feel...unwanted. He obviously had no interest in anything with her outside of a friend with benefits, and she was wanting something more, something with someone who wants her in other ways- romantic ways, not just sexual ways. (Y/N) decided it was time to do something about that, opting to do what her friend (F/N) had suggested about 6 months ago- make a dating account.

~~~

It went easier than she had expected it to go, she had never made one before and expected it to be more like they show on tv- tons of questions and videos about yourself. Flirt First was a phone app, designed to make meeting people and dating much easier. Being on an island, for the time being, (Y/N) decided to use her home city as the location. Still, sitting in the dark recording room, she scrolled through selfie after selfie. She was beyond nervous to post pictures of herself, knowing her body shape isn't the most sought-after in a partner. She nervously selected a few different ones, mostly of her face but two of them having her body in them. She was dressed up for two different formal events Chris had hosted. She looked over her Flirt First profile and decided it was good enough before posting it. The worst that could happen is no one was interested in her.

~~~

Well, she was wrong. Within hours, several matches were sent her way. She was sitting at the picnic benches outside the three trailers with Chef and Chris. They were eating dinner when her phone dinged. Opting to ignore it, she continued her conversation with her friends. Chris kept eying her phone, which was placed face down on the table. He couldn't help but glance at it every single time it dinged. (Y/N) was not one to talk to people often. It was a lot more frequent when her mother was around, but she had passed away almost two years ago, and then after she left her last relationship, (Y/N) didn't really speak to anyone outside himself and Chef.

"You gonna get that?" He asked, curiously. She shrugged and checked the screen. He watched as a small smile made its way over her face and she put the phone back down, refusing to reply.

"What's got you so smiley?" Chef asked, his tone was curious also, but he was more teasing.

"Hm? Oh, well I signed up for a dumb dating site- (F/N) recommended it. Said I should 'put myself out there' more or something." She shrugged "I got a few matches- more than I had expected actually." Chris looked hurt but refused to say anything, looking back at his food. The conversation died down, so (Y/N) excused herself and left for her trailer, already typing a response back on her phone. Once the trailer door shut, Chef turned to Chris.