You Talk Too Much

FEMALE READER!

      (Y/N) was CoHost to the Host With The Most. The Producers felt he needed a CoHost with a little more compassion. With regret in his tone, he agreed and met the CoHost that following week on the docks. She had dressed appropriately, which meant she either had a warning or had heard about the show. Being only 4 weeks into the 'camp', he assumed the first.

"Welcome to Camp Wawanakwa. You are only here to put on a smile and make the producers happy. Do NOT get in my way." Chris McClean did not like the idea of a CoHost, and that was very clear. Nodding slowly, (Y/N) followed him to a trailer. It was small compared to what she assumed was his own, fit one person, a bathroom and a mini kitchen.

"You will be staying here. The next challenge is in the morning, don't be late." He turned and walked away, not even asking her name. She sighed, understanding fully why the pay was so much higher than she originally expected. (Y/N) unpacked her small suitcase and left the trailer to meet the campers.

      (Y/N) walked through the campgrounds, looking for any and all signs of the teenagers. She noticed a few hanging out by the beach area and approached them. They all gave her confused glances as she stopped a little away from them.

"Hi! I'm (Y/N), Chris' new CoHost for Total Drama Island...I wanted to get acquainted with all of you before the next challenge." The taller one, with the long dark hair smiled.

"I'm Heather, it is so nice to meet you This is Lindsay and Beth!" (Y/N) could feel the sarcasm and fakeness laced in her tone. She smiled politely in return.

"It's nice to meet you, too. I'd like to meet the rest of the campers, any idea of where they may be?" Lindsay nodded.

"They're in the cabins!" Nodding in thanks, she headed off to the cabins to introduce herself.

     After taking the time to meet everyone, they seemed relatively nice, aside from Heather. (Y/N) headed back to her trailer as the sky began to darken. Showering before bed, she changed into her pajamas and climbed into bed for the night. She can definitely imagine how the weeks to come will be.

      Its been a few weeks from the day of her arrival. She had tried multiple times to befriend her coworker, Chris. He refused any and every gesture of kindness she offered. Sighing to herself, she got dressed for the day. The challenge from the week had ended the day before and she planned to go and check on the campers in the medical tent. (Y/N) left her trailer and headed for the medical tent. The sun was high in the sky and she felt the heat trying to burn her skin as she approached the tent. Sighing in relief she entered to check on the campers. Phobia Factor went well...for what it was. Lindsay was heart broken to see Tyler go, and Gwen was currently in a state of hatred towards Trent for forgetting her in the sand. Geoff was currently in the medical tent getting his injuries fixed up. He grinned once he noticed her enter the tent.

"Whats up, dudette?"

"Just coming to check on you. I hate how Chris treats you guys..." She frowned. He laughed it off.

"Its no big deal. I feel like if he didn't care at all, we'd be dead." He shrugged. She frowned even more.

"Still, sometimes I feel like he cares more about the ratings than all of your safety." She sighed. "Anyways, how are you feeling?" He answered her questions and she sat with him until he was free to go. Geoff always had her in some fun conversation, and she was thankful for that. This time he was telling her a story from back home.

"I'm gonna go find Bridg. See you later, (Y/N)!" He waved as he left for the campgrounds. She smiled slightly, teenage love.

"I wish Chris would act like that with me." She froze in her spot and made a face of absolute confusion. "What the living hell just left my mouth?" She sighed, shaking her head and walking away from the medical tent.