I've Never Been on a Date Before

***female reader***

As a kid, (Y/N) had always been incredibly shy- and awkward. In high school, she struggled to make friends and was always considered the 'loner'. She made decent grades, wasn't incredibly smart and nothing about her really helped her stand out compared to her peers. (Y/N) has always been a bystander as others around her stood out and became well known.

Now, at 29 years old, she wanted to try to finally get out of her 'safe space'. She applied for a job on television, no intention of actually getting the job- the application was a big step in itself. Things took a turn when she received an email a few days later-

Ms. (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N),

We would like to offer you the position of nurse within the television show. Your qualifications were perfect for the position and we cannot wait to hear from you. To accept the position, please follow the provided link to fill out the paperwork and begin the process.

Thank you,

Jennifer Pertsch, Producer of Total Drama

"Well shit." (Y/N) muttered to herself, debating heavily on accepting the job. She did have the qualifications, having just recently finished college with a 3.5 gpa, however, it didn't mean she was expecting to actually get the job position. (Y/N) slowly, and hesitantly, moved the cursor over the link.

"What's the worst that can happen? I'm just a nurse." She shrugged and filled out the paperwork for the job position.

Being dropped off on an island- a pretty damaged island with a broken dock, did not give the best first impression. With no one there to meet her either, she wondered if she was dropped off at the wrong island. When a shout drew her attention from the broken dock she had to manuever around, she followed it, suitcase in tow. (Y/N) walked through the camp grounds, making it to the middle of the woods down a path. She noticed a bunch of campers and a man that looked like he was in the middle of speaking.

"Who is that?" the blonde asked. She had her eyes narrowed and crossed her arms. (Y/N) felt like she was similar to the girls who bullied others in her old high school. Chris approached (Y/N) and threw his arm around her, shoving her forward a little.

"This is (Y/N), the new nurse for the island. The producers felt that with all the hazards around here, we needed a nurse. So, here she is." (Y/N) nervously waved slightly.