Part 18

I opened my eyes to the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen. The beach was only steps away and the calm sea perfectly reflected the disappearing sun. He made me feel comfortable, and I think he was the first man to ever accomplish that. I got out the car to join him on the hood.
"So, you think we should take a dip?"
"Oh no"
"Oh yes" he look at me with mischievous eyes and I knew I had to run for it. My feet moved as fast as it could over the sand and then I felt it. The vibration. I looked behind me for a quick second to see that there was distance between us so I took a look.
I know had my phone in my hand, and when I realised the movement in my feet began slowing down.
He wrapped his hand around my waist and braised himself against me.
"Are you ok?"I guess he saw my facial expression.
"I need to go home." I immediately began walking towards his car.

Mason's POV

All the way she looked disturbed and I couldn't ask her why because I knew she wouldn't tell me. The number that made her refuse to even look at her phone now, was saved under 'X'. Of course that bothered me, just because I dont know what it means and the first thing that obviously comes to mind is her ex. I dont know her past. I couldnt make conversation with her because now I don't know where we stand and i guess she couldn't talk to me either because she was preoccupied thinking about 'X'. I kept looking at her from time to time and she would always be in the same position. Angled towards the door, looking out the window.
We pulled up to Bridget's house and before she could open the door I held her hand.
"I'm sorry if I did something, I didn't mean to hurt you."
"You didn't do anything. It's just complicated right know and I will tell you about it soon." She started tearing up and my heart sunk. " but not today."
The grip she had on my hand was tight and really didn't want her to let go. She reach over and kissed me on my cheek. I pulled her in for a hug and reassured her. "It's gonna be ok." She shut the door and I watched as she walked away.

Stacey's POV

Walked through the door and then I finally saw her.
"He's back."