Part 26

Stacey's POV

I was finally considering replying to Mason's message. He hasn't heard from me in a while and he hasn't messaged me since last week either. The last message he sent me was so considerate but I just wasn't in the mindset mentally to take on anymore stress. I was now on my bed in my new furnished appartment away from my dad and I feel guilty for leaving my sibling there, knowing how bad the situation can get, but I would probably take worse care of her than them since I don't even know how I'm going to take care of myself much less her. My heart skipped a beat as I heard him pick the phone up. The sound of his breathing was quiet constant but no words as though he was waiting for me.  'Mason'.

Mason's POV

It's really her. I hadn't heard her voice in so long a part of me was beginning to believe that it no longer existed. I was shook by so many things one including how calm she sounded. 'Hi Stacey'. At that moment I felt the erge to bombard her with loads of questions but I know that would just scare her off and that's the last thing I wanted to especially since I cant run after her. 'I missed you.'

'I missed you too' she said it so softly, so innocently but I still couldn't tell whether or not she was lieing.

'Did I do something to hurt you?'

************************

She just hung up on me. That means it was my fault. I didn't know what she was going through but right now I didn't care. She already thinks it's my fault so why not really make it my fault. I'm too tired for this. In rage I deleted her number off my phone and  threw it on the nightstand. Maybe a good night sleep would make me forget all about this.

Stacey's POV

It was way too early to be standing infront of somebody's door but here I was holding a hot dish surrounded in mittens. I rang the door bell and now it was only a matter of time.

Mason's POV

My hands moved in rhythm as they chopped through the spinach. I failed to sleep last night, resulting in some late night cooking. The echoing of the door bell frightened me. I picked up my phone to realise it wasn't even 7am yet.

Stacey's POV

The door swung open giving my feet permission to take off.

'Here you go.' As I planted the dish in his hand. 'I made cookies.' I got a small glance of his stunned face as i walked passed him and into the kitchen.