Part 16

My back was braised against the counter. I didn't know how long she was there for. The way she looked at me, the worry in her eyes, resembled that of my mothers.

"Are you ok?"

I could bearly compose myself, "Yeah.. just tired." I grabbed the phone off the counter top and ran upstairs. There I sat on the bed, staring at the message he sent. I need a break. My intentions were to hop in the shower. The phone was left on my bed. Eventually the pipe was running, slowly attaining the perfect temperature when my decision changed. Maybe it's best to take a bath instead. The water no longer flowed down the drain but instead was trapped inside the deeps of my tub, rapidly increasing in volume. I slowly entered the untainted water, feet first. Gradually emerging my whole body in liquid. This felt nice. If only every day could feel like this.
There was no noise, no chaos, pure peace, for a moment at least, until my body ejected upwards, and finally I could breathe. There I realised the deeps of my insecurities, and it scared me.

Mason's POV

'You don't even know a fraction'
I was confused until I saw the message that was sent before. That wasn't for her, it was sent by accident but her response worried me so I didn't confess.
'So tell me'