Part 27

'I thought you guys couldn't cook.' I was surprised when I entered into a chef's kitchen. He must have been cooking at least five different things.

'My brother only said that because he doesn't like to admit that we can cook. Our dad was a chef.' I could see that talking about his dad was difficult for him. 'Before he died,' he paused to break eye contact from me. 'He showed us how to cook and even though we wanted to forget about it because we knew that the accident was probably his fault, it always lingered. He was a drunk, always used to beat our mom, break stuff in the house, shout. We were only 12 so it's not like we could really do anything.'

I couldn't stop looking at him but had no words to say. He finally met my eyes and I could tell that he knew that i was sorry for him. The glance ended just as quick as it started and as he continued cooking. I felt the urge to be by his side. Before he knew it I was next to him, gaining his eye contact again. He looked at me and then my hand began touching his arm before gradually moving his hand over my head and around my shoulders, bringing me in closer. 'I don't wanna get you dirty.'

'It doesnt matter, I'm going to get dirty right now anyways.' I said as I grabbed the knife out his hand and began cutting his veggies up.

Bridget's POV

'Stacey's here' was all I saw. Those words alone cause me to jump for joy as I never thought that the day would come. It was surprising enough that she had to force me into this situation in the beginning and then decided to leave me in it all on my own. Mason has become a horizon for me but it's too early to determine weather I really like him or weather I just find him comfortable. He's so sweet to me though, and the way he looks at me makes me wonder what his intentions are. When I woke up next to him this morning he was holding a little red box infront of me. I opened it to find that there was note inside. 'There are specific words I wish I could tell you but it's soon and I want you to believe me when I say them, so I'll hold back for now. It was hard to find something that represents how I feel about us but my heart was drawn to this and it reminded me of you." I looked down and before I knew it my eyes began to fill with tears.