Part 23

Mason's POV

"Maybe she already knows" my frustration from not communicating with Stacey in a week was really being projected though my sessions with my therapist.
"I highly doubt it." I could hear the boredom in is voice as this topic has been risen in every session since the day I last saw her.
"Men never have the kind of baggage I do." I could feel the eye roll through the phone.
"I am both your friend and your therapist which is why I have the grey line that I save for special occasions to cross. This is that special occasion.
Get your head out your ass. Not everything is about you. I know people with ten times more problems than you yet still they act better than you. You want to know about her. Then ask."

"I've tried"

"Try harder!" I was almost deafened by his voice.

Stacey's POV

House hunting was more torture than I had imagined. I figured that the process would have been over in couple days but I'm on week two going on week three and having found nothing I can afford close to school. There were some sketchy people along the way who offered me a place to stay for my services which just made the whole process even harder. I now carry a stunt gun to protect myself when looking for somewhere to live. I would never have thought that this would be the position I would be in at my age. I was still living with Bridget and her family but if i didn't find a place soon I honestly believe that i would be left homeless.

Jason's POV

Walks like the one we were on now became the pinnacle of our relationship. After sharing an intimate peace of her life with me I felt hurt for her but happy that she felt comfortable enough to expose herself with me. I was looking at her during casual conversation when I felt her reach for my hand. My heart immediately exploded in fire. For some reason it caught me of gaurd. Our smiles mirrored each other before we continued walking to the car. She slowly let go of my hand to only reach in for a hug. I had never cradle anyone the way I did with her as i lowered her from my arms her eyes met mine. It were as if I were holding my entire life in my arms and that was moment I knew.
I loved her.