Part 13

Mason's POV

The sounds of plates and forks clacking together was the only thing that excluded us from silence. I knew why Stacey and I weren't participating but I was relying on my brother and his company to break the ice. There was nothing from them. It's not like if Jason was upset but more like distracted and Bridget seemed highly unbothered by it.

"Sooooo, how is everyone?" I was killing myself, could I start a conversation any worse.

Bridget replied first, "I'm good, you?"

"Yeah ..same." why I am I finding it so hard to communicate. I hate feeling like this. I didn't do anything wrong but yet still I feel trapped.

Bridget's POV

He was different. Did I say something wrong. Mason asked us a question and I answered but he didnt even try. I placed my hand on his leg and gave it a little squeeze to get his attention. I didnt even look at him when I did it until he gripped my hand. His face didnt even move. I realized he wasnt in the mood and I just went with it.

"I think we should go"

"What!" Both me and Mason said shocked by Stacey's words. Mason's tone wasn't the same as mine and when transferring my focus on them. I could tell something was off.
Mason positioned his body to look straight at Stacey, who was now standing. He had a tight grip around her wrist to keep her from creating more distance between them.

She was clearly uncomfortable and it was her idea to come, so if she wants to leave, who am I to say no. "Ok" I tried separating my hand from Jason but responded by tugging me closer. I looked at him confused as he leaned in to whisper."I dont care about thier problems."

I pulled my hand away and looked him dead in the eye as I said, "I think it's time to leave."

Mason finally lossed Stacey's hand before saying he would take us home but Jason quickly interrupted.

"No I will."