Chapter 17

Kian left yesterday. I couldn't even ride with him to the airport because of my injury.

Honestly, I don't know how to feel about it. I know it's his job and that he has a commitment to it, but he also has a commitment to me. To take care of me. And right now, I need him to take care of me more than ever.

There was no way I would make him stay, even if I could. So I just let him go without another word of protest.

After he left, I called some friends to check up on them.

Angela is currently in Norway, studying abroad. She told me of how she met a foreign guy at a museum and that they've seen each other a few times since. She seems infatuated with him and genuinely happy across the ocean, so I'm happy for her.

I also call Felicity. It feels like we haven't talked in ages, mostly because we haven't.

It's funny how when you're friends with someone from the early years all the way until you're in your twenties, you don't really have to communicate often. You only have to communicate when it's needed. When you're not communicating, you know everything is fine, because you've grown so close to that person.

That's how I am with Filly.

She's currently dating a guy that works at the gym she visits often. After she met him, she probably started going to the gym even more than before. But who wouldn't?

He's handsome, has a steady job, treats her well; everything anyone would want in a guy. And now they've been dating for nearly a year.

I tell her of the drama with Kian and she sympathizes with me and tells me she'd be there for me if she didn't have to stay at home to tend to her job, which is in marketing and management.

After I call them, I decide I need some help here at home, so I call Audrey to see if she's available.

Within an hour, Audrey is over and helping me move stuff from upstairs to my new bedroom. I don't vent to her about what's going on with Kian as much with her because I know she'll give me some philosophical advice that I'll resent because she's always right.

Afterwards, Christopher starts to cry so I feed him before putting him down for a nap. I'm honestly so happy that he's an easy baby. He's not too fussy. But I know not all babies are like that and most likely, if I have another baby, it will be a bit more to handle.

"So why don't we go out and do something tomorrow?" Audrey suggests, pulling out a chair at the dining room table and sitting down. I raise my eyebrows and nod a bit at her. "We could go shopping, or out to eat."

"Sounds good," I reply with a small smile. I don't really want to, though. I don't want to go anywhere because of my wheelchair, but I don't need to tell her that.

"Now, what do you want for lunch today?" She asks before standing up and heading to the kitchen.

*****

Audrey and I end up watching Netflix for the rest of the day while Christopher plays with his toys in the floor in front of us. It's not much of playing with the toys seeing as he's not even a year old yet, but it's adorable to watch. Honestly, I watch him more than I watch the movies.

Later at about 8, Audrey decides to head back home to my dad. I give her a kiss on the cheek and tell her to say hi to my dad and that he should come over next time if he's not at work.

After she leaves, I choose to get in the floor with Christopher and play with him. I take a plane toy and make buzzing noises as I fly it around his head. This causes him to laugh. His laugh warms my heart every time.

"Can you say mommy?" I ask, trying to get his first word out of him. I've been trying with him for the past three months but he never says anything, he just smiles. "Mom-ee."

When he doesn't reply with anything I frown before picking up a large plastic racecar and I make vroom-vroom noises as I help him push it across the rug.

"Beep beep," I say in a baby voice and Christopher giggles wildly. I touch his nose with my finger and repeat myself. "Beep beep."

"Beep beep."

My eyes go wide and I scream.

Christopher just said beep beep.

Tears spring to my eyes but I hold them back, smiling wildly.

"Christopher! Beep beep!" I say excitedly, and he gives me a grin.

"Beep beep," he says again, and my heart melts.

I quickly reach for my phone that is sitting on the couch. I dial Kian's number, but then I remember he might be on a plane. He said he'd call me when he landed so he probably won't answer. But I don't care.

When he doesn't pick up, I frown and hang up the call. Then I check the time. It's past nine pm right now, so he should already be landed and in his hotel room. His plane ride was only three and a half hours and the flight time was two o'clock.

I throw my phone back on the couch in defeat. Maybe he just forgot.

"Beep beep!" Christopher says again, grinning up at me as he hands me the toy car. This causes the smile to be replaced on my face.

"Beep beep, baby." I kiss his cheek before we both continue playing with the toys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beep beep!!! It is seriously so precious when babies talk I can't even.

When I heard my baby cousin talk for the first time I nearly melted it was adorable.

Babies are perfect.

But hey don't have one until you're ready okay? Okay. Whenever that is. It shouldn't be defined.

I decided to update early because there is 12 inches of snow outside so I can't get out of my house and school is out tomorrow too so...

Comment if you're having snow days! If you are I hope you're safe!!

So what did you think of this little filler chapter?

The new 19 kids and counting is coming on tonight and I'm excited so.

Here are the comment numbers!'

1.) she's not going to tell Kian about him talking now because he didn't answer

2.) maybe he was just busy with work and that's why he didn't answer

3.) yeah freaking right ^^ he's "busy"

4.) Delilah are you trying to tell
Us something?

5.) kian is going to miss out on a lot with his child

6.) I feel the drama coming on!!!!

7.) yay for beep beep! Babies are perfect.

Vote and comment my loves! Don't forget to vote and comment on the last chapter too!!

I'm about to start up some other fanfics that you girls and boys (if boys even read my books) that are in the 5sosfam will enjoy ;)

I really want to write another O2L fic but idk.. I'm not feeling it

Let me know!

xox -Delilah