Chapter 14

I opened my car door, relieved that the long ride from the airport was finally over. I waited for Kian to get to my side of the car with the wheelchair that I must now ride around in, seeing the door open to my father's house. My dad exits his house first, rushing to help Kian help me get from the car to the wheel chair. Once I am seated and my injured leg is correctly propped up, I barely have the chance to look up before Audrey is standing right in front of me, leaning in to give me a hug, my precious child on her hip.

"Hi honey! How was the trip home? How are you feeling?" She asks me as she leans back. She quickly noticed my arms reaching out for my child and she passes him on to me.

Before answering her, I hold Christopher to me tightly, savoring the lovely feeling of having him in my arms again and the smell of his baby soap.

"It was really long but I'm fine," I reply to Audrey, smiling at her.

Kian stands behind my wheelchair, his hands on the handles. My dad walks towards the porch of his house which has a few steps and j instantly begin to worry about how this injury is going to affect my life.

More ways than I could have guessed.

Audrey tells us to come in and rest and when my wheelchair reaches the porch steps, Kian and my father lift my chair and set it on the porch before Kian pushes me into the front door.

When we get inside, Kian pushes me into the living room and takes a seat on the couch next to where he placed my wheelchair.

"So, besides the accident, did you have fun?" My dad asks, placing a hand on my hair before taking a seat next to Kian.

I'm currently still fully focused on Christopher who sits in my lap giggling while he looks up at me. As he keeps growing older, he looks more and more like Kian. He is absolutely precious.

"Skiing was pretty fun," I say lightly. "Can't say that I'll ever do it again."

With that, all of us begin to laugh. I try not to seem to down about my injury, because the more negative I am about it, the longer this injury will drag on.

After spending time with my dad and Audrey, we eat dinner and Kian and I eventually head home with Christopher.

When we reach home, I am overwhelmingly excited to finally be back in its familiarity. Kian helps me in my wheelchair and hands Christopher to me before we reach the steps. I don't want Kian to have to try to pull me up, so Kian quickly takes Christopher inside in his baby seat, and then comes back out to help me stand on one foot and hop into the house. It is extremely important that no weight is put on my leg, for that could damage it even more, not to mention it would hurt like hell.

Since I've been off my feet for a few days, my leg is weak and just hopping up the stairs and into the entrance of my house makes me breathe heavily and struggle to regain my breath. My heart is beating erratically as I take a seat.

When I'm situated on the couch in the living room with Christopher, Kian and I beging to talk.

"So, obviously, there is no way in hell I'm going to travel up and down the stairs every day." Feeling a light throbbing begin in my leg, I pull it up with the aid of my hands and drape it across Kian's lap.

"We could just move into a downstairs bedroom until you're all healed," Kian suggests, understanding exactly what I was going for.

I nod, watching as he smiles at me before taking Christopher off of my lap and raising him above his head. He makes baby noises and pretends to throw Christopher in the air, inducing a fit of giggles from the baby.

By the time we decide to go to bed, Kian has to help me get dressed like he has every other day since the accident and then he helps me into the bed. It's extremely uncomfortable because all I want to do is curl up and bring my legs up because that's how I normally sleep, but my cast does not allow for that to happen. It makes it difficult for me to cuddle up next to Kian as I usually do.

After tossing and turning for what felt like forever, I finally found a position that wasn't unbearably uncomfortable. I was laying on my back with Kian next to me and I used his leg to slightly elevate my injured leg.

Kian's helpfulness through this whole process has been so reassuring to me that he will be here for me through anything. It fills me with an unexplainable degree of warmth and love and I lean in to share a kiss with him before we both fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hola

I'm sorry for how long this took and it's so sickish and short but the writers block for this has been awful. I just really want to get on with the plot but I don't want to rush anything.

So yeah! Enjoy and I hope you will vote and comment!

To motivate me to write the next update quickly, when this gets to 100 votes, I will post a new chapter within 24 hours. This is not me being greedy. After waiting 2 weeks to update, I need some sort of goal that will make me update and this is one that works for other authors and so I will do it as well.

Love you guys!

Thank you for putting up with my shit lol

xox -Delilah