Chapter 22

One of the only chapters that will be like this in this book ;)

Have fun reading ;;;;;;;;)))))))))))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kian's POV*

After countless times of Maddie not answering my phone calls, I give up.

Why the fück is she so mad at me? I've been working! She can't seriously be angry about me not calling her when I've been working. I have to provide for our family! There's no other way.

But you've not just been working, my conscience nags.

I shake my head, grabbing the key to my temporary apartment and my wallet before heading to the bar that I've developed a liking for.

Why the hell won't Madison just trust that I'm doing fine where I am and that I can take care of myself? I'm not ten years old and I'm definitely not eighteen like I was back when we started dating. I can handle myself maturely and respectfully and the last thing I want is for her to treat me like I'm not.

Respectfully? Bullshit.

I shake my head at myself as I reach the floor of the apartment building. When I step out, the night air reaches my skin and I walk with the breeze brushing across my cheeks.

After the few blocks to the bar with club, I walk past the line and smile at the bouncer. Of course he recognizes me and he lets me in.

I've only been here for less than three weeks and he already knows me well.

When I walk in, music is pounding and I see the usual-people grinding against each other and drunks making out against the wall. I also see some other things that I'd prefer not to watch, so I make my way to the bar.

"Kian!"

I turn to see the bubbly girl bouncing my way, obviously a little tipsy.

"Gin," I greet, smiling at her as she reaches me. She nearly pounced as she throws her arms around me, nuzzling her face into me. I nearly stumble over.

"You came! I'm so glad you did!" She squeals, her words only a little slurred. "Come dance with me!"

Her high pitched voice is almost enough to make me want to throw her small frame across the club, but I refrain. Instead, I detach her from me.

"I'm gonna go get a drink," I tell Ginny, pointing behind me.

"Okay, but don't forget to come dance with me," she says, touching my cheek with a manicured nail. I watch as she backs away slowly with a sky grin on her face before she turns and prances off. I stare at her figure as she leaves. For her small size, she has fucking great curves.

I shake the thought out if my head.

I walk to the bar and sit down, asking for a shot of whiskey. The bartender greets me casually since he knows me by now before handing me some Jack Daniel's. After the familiar burn leaves, I ask for two more.

Before I realize it, I've downed six shots of whiskey and now I have a lighter drink in front of me. With just a beer in front of me, I swivel in my seat to look out at the club-slash-bar. I see couples dancing along with other single bodies doing their own dances. Most of them are desperate girls waiting for hungry men to take advantage of the situation.

When I finish my beer, I look out at the crowd, my vision slightly blurred. My eyes and on Ginny, their target.

Standing up, I make my way to her.

Stumbling and staggering towards her, I finally reach her unattended body that was dancing sweatily along to the deep bass of the song. Almost instinctively, my hands rest upon her hips and pull her ferociously to me.