Chapter 19 - A moment of weakness

-//- Klaus’s pov -//-

I stride into the Mystic grill feeling oddly good today maybe it was because my mother was finally dead and I was leaving this god forsaken town, I just needed to find one person then I was off well make that two but the doppelganger doesn’t count. Stopping at the bar I saw Matt Donovan he looked at me and groaned causing me to smirk faintly “Morning mate”

He scowled at me “What do you want?”

I chuckled “Ill cut straight to it then shall I… Where is Sara?” He looked over me raising an eyebrow “You don’t know?” I gave him a look tilting my head confused, he sighed shaking his head “She was rushed to hospital last night”

Panic swallowed me, my grip on the counter tightened making the wood creak in protest “What? Why?”

He glanced to my hands in worry before quickly replying “Apparently Esther channelled her, took energy from her... I don’t know how Bonnie explained it, but she hasn’t been sleeping Kyle said something about nightmares well she was exhausted and having a witch take away your energy I’m pretty sure her body couldn’t take it.”

Once he was finished I turned away not bothering to reply as there was only thing in my mind, get to Sara. 

~

I stormed into the hospital sniffing the air following her scent as I turned down a few corridors I saw the Salvatore brothers, I growled inwardly that was just what I needed. Walking up to them I asked “Where is she?”

Stefan glanced at me his arms crossed shoulders slightly squared “I think you need to leave Klaus you have no right being here” Damon nodded his head beside him, before slanting his head to the side that mocking smirk on his lips as he asked “Why are you here anyway…?”

“If you two do not want your heart ripped out right this very instance I suggest you get out of my way” I snarled clenching my fists by my side as I tried to control my anger.

Damon shook his head my threat not affecting him in anyway “You wouldn’t cause a scene, not somewhere this public” He stated simply. I smirked darkly my eyes glowing yellow as I stepped towards him “Do not test me Salvatore. I do not care who I have to kill to get into the room” They both looked at one another clearly seeing that I wasn’t joking about killing them both, with a sigh they moved out of the way revealing the door “Thank you.” I muttered walking towards it before entering hearing Sara’s voice

“I am fine! Let me leave” She whined in protest the nurse mumbled something in reply hoping to calm her down but all she got in reply was another “Why?!” She then continued to say “You said yourself all of my vitals were fine, so let me leave!” the nurse ignored her walking out and locking the door which I thought was extremely strange but then new that the Salvatore’s may have had something to do with it.

“Seriously you’re locking me in?” She whined in protest as she mumbled under her breath “You know this is technically kidnapping…”

I chuckled lowly breaking the lock walking into the room greeting her with a “Hello love” Her eyes widened as she turned to look at me “Klaus?” I smiled walking over to her where she sat on the bed, sitting beside her I stared at her face “I heard my mother channelled you... I am sorry for that” She smiled weakly in reply.

I looked at her face seeing black rings were underneath them her complexion slightly paler then usual but her beauty was still breath-taking. Clasping my hands together I asked “And you haven’t been sleeping at all?” She shook her head slowly “Why?” I questioned.

“How am I supposed to know” She mumbled in reply looking to the left her eyes flashing with a secret waiting to be told.

I frowned “You okay?” She nodded her head looking back at me “I’m fine” Her replies were blunt with a cold edge. I sighed getting off the bed “Okay love...” I turned away from her heading to the door but she stopped me by calling out “Wait!” I turned to her waiting for her to continue.