Chapter Fourteen - Our not so normal day

-// Sarafina's pov //-

I groaned lightly trudging through the town square, a pout placed onto my lips. I looked to Elena and then Jeremy, sighing loudly so the both of them could hear my annoyance. I received a chuckle from Jeremy but a small glare from Elena. I looked round seeing some girls dressed up like the actors in the movie 'Gone with the Wind' Elena moved over to an empty spot placing down a picnic blanket. 

Jeremy looked round, crossing his arms "You brought me to see a girl movie..." 

Elena smiled softly, rolling her eyes "We had to get out of the house, Jer. This is our 3-hour distraction from reality" My mouth formed a small 'o' nodding my head in realisation "Is that what we're doing? Pretending like our lives aren't screwed?" I asked in amusement making Jeremy chuckle once again. 

"We need to do this, OK? Breathe, eat, sleep, wake up, and do it all over again until one day, it's just not as hard anymore.." Elena replied sadly, biting my lower lip I shoved her shoulder playfully "Okay, I wont moan anymore!" She smiled to me, giving my hand a squeeze. 

Just as we all sat down Caroline bounded over to us "Hey! There you guys are. Who's hungry?" She sat down beside Elena placing the picnic basket in between us all. Jeremy sighed sitting on my other side, a frown appearing on his forehead "Are we really doing this?"

Caroline's head snapped to his position, a scowl forming "Yes, we are really doing this. We are going to take a page from Scarlett. We made it through the war. I know you guys went through hell..." She indicated to Elena and Jeremy "Sara has been a personal blood bag" She looked to me before throwing her hands into the air "and my mom knows I am a vampire, so basically it's like Atlanta has burned. And yet, in spite of everything, we persevere!" 

"All right" He grunted in reply, before looking to the basket "What are we eating?" Caroline's frown disappeared as she smiled "Something good!" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I lent back on Jeremy's shoulder watching the film on the screen, I had to admit today had been the most normal day we had all had in a long time. I looked up seeing Stefan, I gave him a small wave and a smile before turning my head back to the film. Elena grinned over to Stefan "Look who couldn't resist an epic romance..." Stefan smiled lightly at her before asking "Will you come take a walk with me?" She frowned slightly but rose to her feet following after him.

I looked to the left seeing Bonnie walk over to us, a smile on her face. I grinned to her moving closer to Caroline so she could take my seat next to Jeremy. I now had put my head onto Caroline's shoulder, she frowned down at me pouting. I giggled slightly but carried on watching the film. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I bit my lower lip thinking about Damon, I cant believe he didn't tell anyone he had gotten bitten. Caroline suddenly sighed loudly "All this waiting around for news is ruining Scarlett for me!" Jeremy was about to reply when his phone rang, he quickly picked it up "Alaric. Hey..."

"Tell me you're with Elena"

Jeremy frowned slightly "She went to go see Damon. I thought that's where you were"

"No, he just escaped. I think he's looking for her, and the cops are after him. Listen, he's in bad shape, Jeremy, so if you find her, get her somewhere safe, OK? I'm on my way"

Jeremy frowned as he hung up looking over to Bonnie who shared his worried look. "If Damon is off the rails, there is nothing you can do to stop him. Let us take care of it" She indicated to herself and Caroline, making me scowl.