Christmas Special!! :D

-//- Sara's pov -//-

"When do you think you’re coming home?" Mark asked looking up at me with wide curious eyes. Nibbling my lower lip I tried to avoid looking at him directly in the face, taking a shaky breath I replied "I'm not sure, little man..." His lips pushed out into a pout, crossing his arms he opened his mouth but was interrupted by another voice.

"She will be coming home tonight!"

Turning my head I saw my aunt standing there, hands on hip a stern look n her face. Narrowing my eyes I scoffed slightly "What gives you the right to tell me what to do?"

Kim narrowed her own eyes attempting to look intimidating, but with her pin straight dirty blonde hair and warm honey brown eyes she wasn't putting the look across. "You are coming home, tomorrow is Christmas Eve so you will be there! And we have guests tonight so you will be there, do you understand me?"

Before I could react Kyle placed his hand on my shoulder, swallowing the words on the top of my tongue I stiffly nodded my head. She gave me a curt nod in reply before taking hold of Mark's hand pulling him away from us. Turning my head to Kyle I gave him a small scowl he chuckled in reply lightly patting my head "You know she is right, you haven't been home for weeks..." I went to interrupt him but he raised a hand stopping me "Let me finish... I know it was hard for you seeing Dad like that, but you can’t stay at Elena's forever... It won’t be the same if you’re not there for Christmas"

I knew he was right, and I hated it. Running a hand through my hair I nodded slowly in defeat "I know, I’m just scared"

"I know, but no one is there now so why don't you go over and get it over and done with." Kyle gave me a warm smile his eyes encouraging me take his advice. Nodding again I turned away from him giving a small wave of a goodbye before heading to get it over and done with.

~

Making my way up the driveway the feeling of dread had lodged itself in the pit of my stomach, taking a shaky breath I started making my way up the steps but found that once I had got half way I couldn't go any further. Slumping to the ground I let out a frustrated groan, pulling my knees to my chest I placed my head on top of my arms.

"It’s just a house... Nothing to worry about" Taking a deep breath I shook my head "And yet I'm incapable of walking to the front door..." I tried to swallow the lump in my throat "And to make matters worse I'm talking to myself... Absolutely brilliant!"

Groaning loudly I clenched my eyes closed trying to will my body to move, not being successful I let out another groan "I am so pathetic..."

"What’s wrong love?"

The voice to my left made me jump up in fright clutching my chest I looked to Klaus, breathing in heavily I scowled at him the slight amused smile on his lips made my blood boil. His pale blue eyes sparkled playfully but there was a hint of concern in the depths of them. Pulling myself together I bit my lower lip "You scared me..." I stated blandly.

He chuckled deeply nodding his head "Really, I would have never of guessed"

I glared up at him but decided to ignore his sarcasm, crossing my arms I tilted my head slightly "Soo what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" I drawled out.

He laughed again before moving around me to sit down on the steps he looked up at me a small grin on his face as he indicated I took a sit beside him. I couldn’t help but let the frown float onto my face, what the heck was he up to? Deciding to sit down beside him I looked straight ahead asking again "So why are you here?"

"I was taking a walk through the woods when I heard you speaking to yourself..." Came his reply.

Raising an eyebrow I tilted my head to look at him "Why were you in the woods?" He smiled before he countered "Why were you talking to yourself?" I groaned in agitation giving a small shake of my head having a feeling he wasn’t going to answer me at all.