Chapter 17 - Doing whatever it takes

Images to the left by CrazyPebbles21

~

-//- Third person -//-

A blue eyed brunette walked up the drive of the Salvatore’s boarding house her steps were slow and lazy. It was early morning the sun just casually coming up over the forest behind her, a small sigh passed the young girls lips as she got to the door raising her hand up she lightly knocked knowing the residence would hear her no matter how quiet she did it.

She was only standing there for a few mere seconds before the door was opened by a young man, when he saw the girl he smirked slightly but his eyes wavered in concern “How you doing?” He questioned curiously.

She shrugged her shoulders slightly a nonchalant expression on her face “I’m fine, How about you Damon?” She replied.

Damon frowned raising his hand to her face, using his index finger to trail underneath her right eye pointing out the dark circles that resided underneath them “Sara…” He mumbled slowly “You don’t look fine…”

Sara shook her head as he withdraws his finger from her face “I had trouble sleeping last night, no biggie…” She offered him a small smile before entering the house, heading straight for the lounge. Her eyes flickered over to the fireplace seeing Stefan standing beside it, he turned to look at her when she entered sending her a weak smile.

The two sat in silence in till Damon entered the room with his bags he glanced over to them before asking Stefan “Did you hear from Klaus?” Stefan pulled his gaze away from the window to look at his older brother he gave a small shake of his head “Not yet. I'm sure I will soon, though. He's expecting me to deliver three stakes. I only have one… Which reminds me, Sara?”

The two vampires glanced over to the emotionless girl her eyes were slightly glazed over as she was in her own world. Stefan tilted his head before repeating “Sara…”

“Huh” She muttered looking over to him slightly startled “what?” She asked, Stefan smiled before holding up the white oak stake giving it a small twirl. Sara’s face took to one of realisation “Oh yeah here…” She pulled her bag onto her lip pulling out her stake chucking it over to him.

Damon sighed slightly “Well, that's going to be disappointing for him…”

Stefan ran a hand through his hair a tired look on his face “I'll get it out of Alaric. I just need some time…” Damon smirked slightly giving a minute nod “I like that confidence, Stefan. I don't share it, but I like it”

Stefan raised an eyebrow “You don't think I can do what it takes?” Damon’s smirk grew as he rolled his shoulders “Well, you're good Stefan again. You're in control. Sorry, you might get the girl but you lose the edge. Speaking of...” He paused as Elena entered the room before she could say anything he asked her “Have you ever flown first class?”

Elena raised a sceptical eyebrow “Who did you have to compel for that?” Damon snorted rolling his eyes “Please. I used miles” He retorted grabbing the bags heading outside to the car, Elena watched him for a while before looking over to Sara she smiled at her friend walking over to her and pulling her into a hug “Hey… you going to be okay here?” She asked in concern.

Sara smiled warmly nodding her head “I’ll be fine, say hi to Jeremy for me” She replied hugging her softly back. Elena smiled pulling away her turning to Stefan “Stefan...” She started but he cut her off with a small smile “Be safe” She nodded her head at him before walking out of the boarding house. 

~

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

I leant on the brick wall of the cell staring at Ric as he lay on the camp bed, he groaned slightly “Do you know how hard it is to fall asleep when that's what you're supposed to do?” I smiled with a small laugh about to reply but was beaten by Stefan who appeared behind me leaning on the doorway “Well, look, I know it's not easy, so...Damon suggested I bring something to... Help speed up the process” He held up a bottle of alcohol a small smirk playing on his lips.