Chapter Twelve - A ball to remember, feelings arising...

-//- Klaus’s pov -//-

I was awoken to a body trembling beside me, flickering my eyes open I found that I was still in  the bath from the night before, Sara laying on my chest but she had moved to lean on her non injured side her body curling into mine trying to get away from the now cold water surrounding us.

She started to stir before her eyes opened up she looked up at me blinking in confusion. “Morning Sweetheart” I greeted her softly.

Stifling a yawn she replied “Morning…”

“Cold?” I questioned seeing the goose bumps on her skin. She nodded her head sitting up her nose scrunching up “And achy…” She added. Nodding my head I scooped her into my arms, making sure not to touch her broken ribs. Cautiously getting out of the bath I placed her on her feet balancing her out, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around her covering her oh so desirable body. Ignorign my thoughts I bite into my wrist and placed it to her mouth. Instantly she grabbed hold of my wrist bringing it to her lips before sucking on the blood.

A shiver ran down my spine as she did so and I felt almost disappointed when she pulled away, letting my hand fall down to my side I asked “Better?” She nodded her head her hand lightly touching her stomach.

“Hungry?” 

She nodded once again, I smirked “Not very talkative this morning, are you?” She scoffed rolling her sapphire orbs “I'm not a morning person” She haughtily replied. I chuckled moving her into my bedroom giving her some clothing she raised an eyebrow at them but walked back into the bathroom changing. When she came back out I was dressed and waiting, she cocked an eyebrow again questioning “Where are we going?”

“To get you something to eat of course” I responded with a grin.

She smiled softly following me down the stairs into the kitchen “What would you like?” I inquired curiously looking into the cupboards wondering if she just wanted cereal, why I had cereal I had no clue.

“Anything is okay…” Came her reply. Nodding my head I poured out some cereal before pouring myself out some blood, I placed it in front of her as I made my way to the fridge getting the milk. She looked at the red liquid grimacing “You’re kidding right?” She questioned.

I smirked over at her “Of course” Turning back to the fridge I mumbled under my breath “You will soon learn to love it…” I inwardly groaned when she heard me mumble her voice speaking out a soft “What?” grabbing the milk I poured some of it into the bowl replying “Nothing… Nothing”  

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

He placed my cereal in front of me smiling up at him I uttered a “Thank you” before spooning the food into my mouth, a silence surrounding us. Surprisingly I didn’t feel awkward but maybe that was because I was hungry… Who knows?

My eyes moved to an envelope with my name on it, tilting my head I looked at it curiously before looking to Klaus “What is that?”

He looked over to me smiling like I was stupid “An invitation” Scoffing I rolled my eyes “For?” I persisted.

Chuckling he lent on the counter top stating “You could just read it…” I snorted mocking him under my breath repeating what he just said, of course like the fool I am I forgot he was a vampire with a strong sense of hearing because he lent closer to me elevating an eyebrow “Pardon?”

I tensed swallowing slightly quickly replying “Nothing, I should be going Caroline is probably worried…” Just as I said that my phone started to ring grabbing it from my pocket I excused myself “Ermm excuse me”  Clicking and answering it I was bombarded with questions from Elena groaning I quickly replied “Yeah I'm fine, I'm fine…”