Chapter Four - Chili

-// Sarafina's pov //-

I swung my arms by my side as I walked up the steps to Elena's house, Caroline by my side. She giggled at my movements before knocking on the door, with the hand she wasn't using to hold her chili pot. A few seconds past in till the door opened, revealing a smiling Elena.

Caroline grinned back at her, holding out the pot "I come bearing gifts!" She chimed happily. Elena frowned slightly before muttering "Please say that's not chili..." I giggled knowing it was, and that everyone at the party would be bringing chili. We walked inside placing our things down and heading into the kitchen, we had just got in there when the doorbell rang again. 

Knowing who it was I bolted for the door, Caroline shoving me slightly so she could get it. We soon got into a small fight grabbing hold on one another, I was soon pinned to the ground thanks to the help of her vampire strength "No fair!" I cried out, thrashing my body making her laugh "That's cheating!" I whined, pouting at her.

Unknown to us Elena had already opened the door, shouting out "Bonnie!" Bonnie grinned replying "I'm back!" They quickly embrace each other, stopping to watch Caroline and I. 

Thinking quickly I started to tickle the blond vampire making her squeal and scream as laughter passed her lips. She had rolled off me laying on the ground, I jumped up fist pumping the air grinning, "Hah!" I shouted at her, before spinning on my heels and jumping the Bennet witch. "I missed you!" I cried out. Bonnie burst out laughing hugging me back "I missed you too!" She replied, releasing me.

Caroline was now up and by our sides, giving me a playful glare. Bonnie smiled at all of us before sighing crossing her arms, tilting her head "I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell for the three of you?" I looked at Caroline and Elena a sheepish grin on all  of our faces. Behind us footsteps sounded out and then the voice of Jeremy "Bonnie!"

Bonnie looked over to him, a smile playing on her lips "Jeremy.." She then rushed over to him, he caught her in a hug before they kiss. I giggled slightly before skipping off to the kitchen the others following me, all memories of the day before leaving my mind. 

Bonnie lent on the kitchen counter talking about her summer "The problem with my dad's normal side of the family is normal made for a really boring summer..." She grunted. Caroline gave a small frowned before sighing "After the last few days, I would kill for a normal family!" I looked over to her a sympathetic smile on my face, trying to lighten the mood I replied "You can have mine?" Caroline looked over to me with a laugh "Sara! Your family is anything but normal!" I grinned nodding my head in agreement, all of us laughing. 

Caroline started to help Elena cook the chili, she raised an eyebrow as she stirred the pot "Since when did you learn how to cook?" Elena gave a small shrug of her shoulders "Damon helped a little..."

Bonnie instantly raised an eyebrow, asking "Damon's helping you cook now?" Elena sighed slightly looking away from her cooking to give her a small annoyed look "Can you stop judging. He's just trying to be a good..." A small yelp passed her lips "ow!" She cried grabbing her necklace. 

Caroline's eyes widened "Ahh! Did I splash you?" She asked quickly. Elena shook her head holding her necklace up and off her skin "No, no, my necklace!" On looking closer you could see a small burn mark on her neck, in the shape of the necklace "It burned me..." She mumbled in confusment. 

"Maybe it's a sign you shouldn't be wearing it?" Caroline muttered. I frowned giving her a small glare mumbling her name in a warning tone "Caroline..." She looked over to me, shrugging. "What, I'm just saying. If you're going to be "cooking" without Stefan" I quickly gave her a look, making her stop talking.