Chapter Seven - Returning home, confused feelings?

-// Sarafina's pov //- 

"You can wake up now..."

A small groan passed my lips as I felt my eyes flicker open, I woke up to find myself back in Klaus's car rubbing my eyes I looked over to him with a scowl "You compelled me! Why?" I snapped at him, my eyes narrowing at the hybrid by my side. He blinked not seemingly bothered by my tone, a small grunt came from him "You know what... Ive changed my mind" 

I frowned looking at him confused by his words, I had no time to react when he grabbed my head pulling my close "Sleep." He commanded. I whined feeling the same darkness overcoming me. 

When I woke up again we were back in Mystic falls, a dress was by my side on the bed. A note was placed by its side, opening it up I read it. 

Put this on, we have a party to go to.

K x 

I sighed lightly before slipping out of the clothes I was wearing, pulling on the deep purple dress. Looking over myself in the mirror I found my make-up was still perfect from yesterday, I raised an eyebrow feeling exhausted even though I had been sleeping for the majority of the day. I turned my head towards the door hearing footsteps, I ran a hand through my hair hoping I could go back home tonight. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I grumbled insults under my breath as I stood between two of Klaus's drone hybrids, apparently he didn't want me mingling with my friends from the few days I had spent with him he had become extremely possessive and it was most definitely pissing me off! So far I had been at this party for almost ten minutes and I hadn't come across a single person I recognised, I turned my head hearing Klaus on the stage, greeting everyone. "Good evening everyone! I want to thank you all for being here with me to celebrate. It's been a long time coming..." 

He jumped down walking over to me, a small smirk on his face seeing my expression. Wrapping his arm around my waist he excused the two moron hybrids by my side. Just as we started to walk I felt a presence by my side, turning my head I saw Stefan biting my lower lip I instinctively looked away from him. 

"Quite the homecoming" He mumbled, his eyes flickering from me to Klaus and his arm that lay round my waist. 

Klaus chuckled slightly "I've been planning my father's funeral for 1,000 years. Granted, in no version of it were any of these people invited. But you get the idea" He gave a small shrug at the end of his sentence. Stefan slowly nodded "So what now? You just stop running?" He questioned, tilting his head. Klaus nodded his head looking round the crowd "Now I reunite my family."

I looked over to Stefan, his green eyes meeting mine no emotion evident. He pulled his gaze away from me placing it onto Klaus "Your family. You mean, the people you cart around in caskets?" A small smirk appeared on his lips, his head tilting in a taunting manor. Klaus waved him away with his hand "None of that matters anymore. Mikael's gone. Bygones will be bygones..." 

I watched as the prom queen walked past, a large smile on her face. I frowned slightly, genuinely thinking Caroline would have been it. Klaus must of noticed her too as he said "Seems the homecoming queen still walks among the living, which leaves me to believe Rebekah isn't here. Where is she?" 

"I have no idea. I thought she was coming with Matt" He replied nonchalantly. Klaus frowned removing his arm from my waist to fully face Stefan "Oh, be honest now, Stefan. Where's my sister?" Stefan shrugged his shoulder, his eyes narrowing "I said I have no idea. Now, would you like me to take you to your father?" He replied changing the subject, so no emotion on his face.