Chapter 16 - A new side to him

Image to the side by ShadowUndiscovered :D

~

-//- Sara's pov -//- 

I rubbed my eyes as we walked up the stairs to Ric’s home, I didn’t get any sleep last night for some reason my body just wouldn’t let me. It was as if a random case of insomnia just hit me, I sighed softly running a hand over my face not being able to do it to my hair as it was pulled up into a high ponytail. I glanced to Elena who looked equally as tired as I was she was holding some coffee and a bag of muffins. Once getting to the door she knocked twice, it didn’t take long for Damon top open it, well I say open he more like opened it up a crack just so we could see half of his body.

Damon smiled in greeting to us both “Morning, sunshine’s”

Elena forced a small smile back “Hey. How's Alaric?” Damon shrugged one of his shoulders “Indecent, but fine” Elena tried to look round him but he kept moving into her line of sight, she sighed asking “So then does that mean there were no issues last night?”

“Nope. Slept like a baby. Woke up Alaric no headlines about dead council members…” He replied coolly.

I frowned “Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from us?” He chuckled under his breath putting his full intention onto me “Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and control freak-y” He lightly prodded my forehead making a scowl surface onto my face as I growled “I am not control freak-y!”

He smirked before taking the bag from Elena “What'd you bring me?” He opened it up making a ‘mmm’ noise “Chocolate muffins. You know what they say... the way to a psycho killer's heart is through his stomach”

Elena snatched the bag back narrowing her eyes at him “They're not for you”

“Fine. Keep convincing yourself you're still mad at me. But sadly, Ric's going to have to pass on Elena and Sara time today. You know lockdown and all…” He mumbled his eyes flashing in amusement. Elena scowled darkly “Just take it, give it to him and tell him that I miss him, ok?”

Damon smirked taking the bag back “With pleasure”

Elena leant forward “Please” She started but Damon interrupted her “Have a great day” He started closing the door on us, but Elena leant forward more “Dam...” But he interrupted her once again “Thanks for coming by” The door finally closed on us both, Elena frowned shaking her head running both of her hands through her hair.

I sighed softly muttering “He is such a jerk...”

Damon’s voice shouted out from behind the door “Heard that!”

I snickered shouting back “Meant too!”

~

-//Third person-//-

“Alaric Saltzman killed my father?” Caroline muttered out.

Elena looked at her a weak smile pulling at her lips “I can't expect you to be ok with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie's giving him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried”

Caroline frowned narrowing her eyes at a nearby tree “Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything ok?”

Sara shook her head quickly “No, Caroline, it's not ok. It's horrible. And he feels horrible about it, but... He's a victim of something supernatural. He didn't ask for this. It just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom. I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And neither did Stefan or Tyler…

Caroline looked over to the blue eyes girl “Or me”

Elena nodded her head slowly “Or you. None of you asked for this. But who would I be if I just... Turned my back on any of you?”