~59~ Best Friends

A couple of days later, Brody told Calvin to come over. He had noticed his best friend feeling really down at school. So, he decided that they should have a guy's night. Just like old times. Sadly, Felix couldn't join them because of the whole Blake thing. So, that night, Calvin sat on the couch in Brody's apartment. Brody walked towards him. He sat two bottles of water in front of them on the coffee table before sitting next to his best friend. "So, care for a game?" Brody asks holding up a gaming controller. Calvin shrugged and took the controller from his hands. Brody turns on the gaming console. "What's up with you?" He asked. Calvin shrugged, not opening his mouth. "I'm kicking you out if it's about Cameron," Brody tells him. Calvin sighed loudly. "I'm sorry. I just miss him." He replied. Brody rolls his eyes, focusing on the screen of the television. "He made the right choice." He tells him. Calvin looks at his best friend. "I know, and I want him to be happy." He informs him. "And why aren't you? Oh, wait, I can already answer that for you. I know exactly why. You're doing it again." He replied. Calvin raised his eyebrow as he started the game. "You did the same thing with your ex. Feeling sad whenever they're not around. Stop it. I've told you this like three thousand times...get a life! I'm right here, you know. And I'm the only one who has been next to you all these years." Brody complained. Calvin sighed at him. "I know. I'm sorry." He apologized, "Thanks for having me over." He thanked him. "That's what friends are for. And best friends are here to put you back into your place. So, listen to me, and stop thinking about him. He's not dead." Brody reminds him. Both boys just looked at each other before starting to laugh. They picked their avatars and started to play the game. "Have you heard anything from Felix lately?" Calvin asked him. "Yeah, he called me the other day. He told me the therapy is going really well. He has some new medicine he has to take. They taste like shit, according to him, but he hasn't had any hallucinations ever since he started taking them." Brody answered while he shot the enemy in the game. "Good for him. So, when are we allowed to visit again?" Calvin asked. "Three months," Brody answered. "Are we going to survive that?" Calvin questioned. Both boys glanced at each other with serious expressions on their faces. "Nope." They said at the same time. 

They laughed after that. Brody's phone went off, making him pause the game. As he grabbed his phone Calvin took a sip of his drink. Brody smiled at his phone before closing it again. "You and Emily seem to be very happy," Calvin said. Brody glanced at him. "What makes you think that-" He started. "I know that smile. I've seen it before. I've used that smile." He reminds his friend. Brody's cheeks turned a light shade of pink. He scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, I guess we're pretty serious." He tells him. Calvin pats his shoulder. "I'm happy for you guys. You're perfect for each other." He replied. "Thanks, man. You really don't have any problem with us dating?" Brody asked him. Calvin shook his head. "No, of course not, why would I? I have no interest in Emily anymore." He assured him. "Alright," Brody replied. "Just know, that if you hurt her...uh...I will kill you." Calvin threatened him. Brody chuckled at him. "Yeah, yeah, I know. But, I won't." He assures him, "I really like her." He tells him. Calvin smiles at him. "She's a sweetheart, but she will break your neck if she has to. Cute but deadly. Maybe that's what you like about her." He replied. Brody nods slowly. "Yeah, probably. I mean...have you seen her? She's so adorable. And when she snuggles up in one of my sweaters...damn, man, all I want to do is hug her." He said totally in love with the girl. "I know. Don't tell her I told you this, but insist on her wearing your sweater, put a soft blanket over her, and she'll be super cuddly. Especially the soft blanket works. Little thing I picked up." He tells his best friend. "I will keep that in mind. I don't get enough cuddles from her." Brody informs him. "You guys cuddle in class," Calvin replied. Brody shrugged. "Can't have enough cuddles." He responded earning a chuckle from Calvin. "Also, she loves a hot bath. She always told me how she loves the smell of roses, so make her a rose bubble bath and she'll never leave you." Calvin tells him. "Really? Okay, I'll do that! But I don't know where I can buy all those things." Brody replied. "I've got you, man. Don't worry." Calvin tells him. "Thanks, man! Don't know what I would do without you sometimes." Brody said. Calvin shrugged. "Spending time with people who are not me, I bet." He joked. Both boys started to laugh again. "Want some snacks?" Brody asked him. "I thought you would never ask!" Calvin exclaimed.