~21~ Fathers

Calvin POV
Brody and I were on our way to my house. I glance at him "Hey Bro?" I say. He looks at me "Yeah?" He says. "What were you talking about yesterday? You said something about Cameron being able to take care of himself. What was that all about?" I ask him.
He shrugs "I don't know." He said. I chuckle "Yeah you do, I can tell when you lie." I tell him. He holds up his hands "I'm not the one to tell you, Bro." He said.
"Oh, so you're letting the only opportunity of telling me something about Cameron that might make me hate him just slip away?" I ask him.
He shrugs "I think so. Besides, why would you care?" He says. I have to admit, I'm a curious guy. I've always been. If someone is holding something back I just have to know it. It's just something I do...and I hate it! "Come on, bro! You know how curious I get, plus, I can be super annoying." I remind him. "You already are." He said.
I gasped "How dare you!" He chuckles. I open the front door of my house "Mom? Dad? Charlie?" I say. My dad walks down the stairs holding a phone to his ear "That would be wonderful." He said. He sees me and Brody standing in front of him "I'll call you back later about the details." He says and ends the phone call. "New offer on that house?" I ask him.
He nods "Yeah, but the buyer is a tough guy. Anyway, how was school?" He asked. We both shrug "It was alright, lots of homework to do." Brody says. My father smirked "Lots of homework or lots of gaming?" He asked.

I bit my bottom lip slightly "Uh..." I say. My father smiles and pats my back "I was joking! Can I join?" He asks. Brody and I sigh in relief "You scared us there Mr. J." Brody said. "I'll grab the extra controller!" I say and run upstairs to my room. Wow...Mom cleaned again...I hope she didn't find the cigarettes. I look in the drawer of my nightstand "Pfew!" 

We sat in the living room playing some video games, and my dad was winning! I couldn't believe it! He used to let us win but that time is over. "How the fu-"
"Language!" My father said. He won the game, making me sigh in defeat "Shit." Brody and I say. The front door behind us opened "Calvin? John? Anyone home?" My mother's voice sounds from the hallway. "In here, Darling!" my father says.
I heard my mother's footsteps becoming louder "John, have you been playing games with your son all afternoon? He has homework to do." She reminds him.
I clear my throat "Sons." I say and point towards Brody. She started to smile "Brody!" She said and hugs him from behind. My mom treats Brody like he's part of our family. Brody smiles "Hey Lucy." He says, "You look lovely." he says. I glare at him "Bugger off, will you? That's my mom." I remind him.
Brody shrugs "Can't I be nice towards a woman that loves me like I'm one of her own?" He says. My father clears his throat and glares at him "Fine, fine." Brody said. My dad puts his controller down and kisses my mom "Hello." he smiles.
She smiles back "Hello. Calvin, Brody, it's time for your homework." she says. I groan "Mom!" I whine. My dad cups her face in his hands "Can't they do it tonight?" He asked her with a gentle smile. My mother glared at him "No." She said, "You can play when you're finished." She tells us. I shook my head "Not yet." I tell her.
"I'll make you pancakes!" she says. I look at Brody "She does make very good pancakes." He says quietly. I sigh "Fine!"

Cameron POV
"Ally!! Come down here!" My father yelled.
We were sitting in Clarke's room playing with her dolls and having a 'tea party'. My mother sighs and stood up walking towards the door. I stood up and grabbed her arm "Don't." I tell her. She glanced at me "It's alright, Honey, I can take it.
You distract Clarke." She whispered. I pulled her back "No, I'll go talk to him." I tell her. She shakes her head "I am not sending you to that monster." She says. I cup her face in my hands "And I am not letting you go down there to get beaten up again.
I'll be right back." I tell her and kiss her forehead. Clarke gets up and hugs my leg "Cammy?" She says. I knelt down next to her "Stay here with mom, I'll be right back." I tell her. I opened the door and walked downstairs "I said Ally, not Cameron! Are you deaf?!" He yells.
I took a deep breath "No, I'm not!" I tell him. He glares at me "I don't like that tone of yours, young man." he said and grabbed my face "Where's that cunt?" He asked me.
I looked into his dark eyes, "Not here, are you blind?" I asked him. He chuckled before wrapping his hand around my neck choking me, "I don't like to repeat myself." He growled.

"I'm here." I heard a female voice say.
My mother walked up to my father "Let him go, it's me you want." She said. He let go of me "So dramatic, you should've become an actress." He says and grabs her hair tightly "Well?!" He yells. She nods "Y-yes sir." she stutters.
I look up "Mom d-" "Cameron, go." She tells me. I saw Clarke standing on the stairs looking at the whole scene. "Listen to your mother." My father said. I quickly walked towards Clarke and picked her up. I heard a low chuckle "I said you could go, I never said that about her." He tells me. Clarke hid her face in my shoulder.
I turned around and glared at him "You're not touching my little sister." I tell him. He smirks "I'm the one to decide that." He said, "Now, bring her here and go upstairs." He says. I shook my head and hold onto Clarke tightly "Take me." I tell him.
He shook his head "No can do." He says. I set Clarke down "Run if you have to." I whisper to her. I turn to my father and walk towards him pulling my mother out of his grip.
I pushed him away and punched him. He holds his jaw "So you want to play? Then we play." He says angrily and steps closer to me... 

A/N: Wow, so this was like fun...and really dark. I'm not very good at writing abusive stories but I'm trying so I hope this was okay and you got a dark vibe while reading it. Except for Calvin's family... They're like the best family!
Any thoughts on the chapter?
-Jay25211💜💜