Master

Dimple POV

"What in the hell is this place?" I shuddered, seeing all the other stronger spirits around me. "Let's-let's talk about this; you don't want to eat me! I have no nutritional value!!"

"Would you shut up?!" A feminine voice shouted.

Most of the spirits around me were exorcised, and the rest ran away out of sight.

"Who are you?" A spirit came up to me. She was a light pink, very tall, and a braid went down to her feet.

I gulped, "W-Well, you see-"

"Did I ask? I just want you to shut up." She growled.

A few moments of silence passed before she spoke up again, "You're weak...And so tiny..." The woman picked me up between her thumb and pointer.

"Hey, just let me go, alright?!" I pleaded, "I just want to get out of here!"

"You could say that again! I've been stuck in here for a few years!" She flicked me, sending me far away from her.

'A few years??'  I quickly flew back over to her, "How did this spirit user catch you?"

The woman tensed up but sat down on the floor, her body hunched over.

"A friend...Her father tried exorcizing me. He almost did. When he realized I wasn't he sent me to Matsuo, locking me in here..."

"Well, who's your friend?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She scoffed and turned away. "I don't even know you..."

I sighed and flew in front of her face, "I'm Dimple, what about you?"

She crossed her arms, thinking about what to respond with. The woman smirked and put a hand to her chest, "I'm Princess Hiraeth, don't forget it, weakling!"

"Princess? I'm not even that cocky to call myself something like that-"

"I'm serious!" She defended, quickly standing up. "I've just been a spirit for a very long time! I was locked up in a castle for most of my time in the afterlife."

I gave her an unimpressed look, but agreed with her, "Alright, alright, I get it. Don't throw a tantrum..."

Hiraeth crossed her arms and stared at me.

I tried changing the subject, "So, who's your friend?"

"Oh, she's not really anyone special, and I have no idea if she's even here. But her name's (Y/N), and she's probably in her teens now if I could recall."

My eyes widened and I tried explaining the (Y/N) I knew to her.

She crouched down to me, "That sounds like her! Don't tell her I asked you this but..." She paused and played with her braid, "How's...How is she?"

I shook my head, "She seems good to me, though she's very hostile towards me..."

"I would be too..."

"Why are all the women being so rude to me today?!"

~Time Skip

Your POV

Your eyes fluttered open, and you looked around in your clouded vision. As you tried standing up, a massive pain pulsed in your head.

"Owwww..." You whined, falling back down.

As your vision returned, you found yourself in a dark room. You were sitting on a table with a first aid kit and a glass of water next to you.

"Huh, did he bring me here?" You mumbled and started bandaging yourself up. Then, you drank the glass of water and sighed in relief at the cold liquid down your throat.

It was rare that you used your fire, it made you terribly hot and sweaty if you used it too much. You slowly stood up and stretched your body out.

"Okay, time to save my friends from Claw. That's not that hard, right?" You chuckled nervously and opened the door to the room.

Once the coast was clear, you made a run for it down the hall. You stopped at a massive gap in the building, it was as if a meteor came through. A massive gust of wind went by and you caught a glimpse of Teru fighting with Sakurai.

You watched the several battles going on below you, and saw Mob standing alone with a panicked look. 'Shigeo!' You worried and started running the other way down the hall. Since you had been his friend for so long, you knew when he was near the point of an explosion.

Mob POV

'I have to defeat them now...'

88%

'Ritsu's hurt, Hanazawa, Master, and they took (Y/N)..'

94%

'I've got no choice but to fight with all I've got!'

98%

'If I can save them, I don't care what happens to the ones attacking me!'

100%

"Hey!"

I gasped and looked overhead to where the voice was.

(Y/N)...?

"Hands off my friends!" She jumped in the air off the top of the building. She created a spear out of ice and chucked it at the ground. The spear broke and sent a cold wave over everything, turning the ground into ice. The ice went around all the scar members, keeping them encased. (Y/N) started falling from the air and made a ramp from the ice, sliding down and in front of me.

"Shigeo! Are you okay?" She gently put her hands on my shoulders.

"(Y/N)...I'm sorry..."

"What are you apologizing for? You haven't done anything wrong."

"But I-"

"You didn't go overboard with your powers if that's what you're about to say." She interrupted me.

I dropped my head and clenched my teeth, my eyes avoiding hers.

"It's okay to feel confused about this when several people are yelling at you-" She glared at the three other guys in the room. She looked back at me with a smile, "-But you don't have to do it alone, Mob, I'm right here...Remember when we were walking home together, and I said I'd take the blame for when you were late? I didn't just mean that for that situation..."

I finally looked at her, "But I don't want you to get hurt-"

"So what if I do, we all get hurt. But what really hurts me is you getting hurt! When you don't feel like you can make your own choices. If you want to take a break, then you do that. Again, I'm right here..."

I opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. I only felt my face heat up.

'She really cares for me...'

"Thank you, (Y/N)..."

The two of us smiled at each other. (Y/N) glanced behind me, her expression completely changing.

"Reigen! Watch out, behind you!" She tried running to him, extending her hand out.

Master Reigen looked behind himself to see the sword user slash him on the back. Master fell face-first into the ground.

"Master...?"