Even Then Continue Forward

Hey everyone! My apologies for the long wait on this chapter, so here it is now! :)

Mob POV

Class had ended, sending the other kids to lunch period. As I was packing up my things Mezato asked for me to meet her at the rooftop. I made my way to the roof, seeing her waiting there for me. She quickly began talking about a 'fan club' called Psycho Helmet and Princess for me and (Y/N). Mezato explained that members found out where their leaders went to school and they were going to show at the marathon.

Mezato tried to persuade me to use my powers during the marathon, but I declined, "That would be cheating, physical strength only. I'm jogging so hopefully by next year I'll be able to place in the top ten."

"We'll be cramming for high school exams next year we won't have time for stuff like this!" She protested.

I gasped. "That's not good! I had a plan!" I turned to the side panicked, "If I placed in the top ten in the marathon I was gonna ask out (Y/N)!"

Both Mezato and Dimple moved back in shock at my statement. "I blew it during the council election, it made me look even worse when she won...I wanted to look cool placed so high in the marathon..." I sighed and tightened my fists, "If next year doesn't work it'll have to be this year! I'll just have to train as hard as I can and place somewhere in the top ten."

Your POV

Over the past week, Mob had been taking more advice from his club mates, taking off from his job more, and exercising more outside of club hours. You knew he had been training for the upcoming marathon, but he seemed highly motivated on it. After asking Reigen, Dimple, and Hiraeth about it you only got a shrug, so you decided to ask Mob about it directly. Alas, he froze upon the question and his cheeks went a slight shade of pink. Even though you got no answer, you were still happy about his determination.

You made it over to Tsubomi and a few other friends on the sidelines of the race. The boys were going to race separately from the girls so the rest were waiting for their turns. Soon after finding your friends, you saw Mob amongst the other boys.

"Shigeo!" you called out, running up to the boy talking with your club mates. "I really shouldn't be here right now but I just wanted to do something. Can I?" You opened your arms, asking for permission. As soon as he agreed you hugged him.

You whispered and put your head on Mob's shoulder, "I'm proud of you this past week, do the best you can." You released him from the hug and then looked at the body improvement club, "And you guys better do your best!"

"Don't worry, (Y/N), we'll do our best!!" They promised and screamed at you.

Going back to the sidelines, the boy's race had started. Since you wanted to see Mob later on you and your friends took a shortcut to about halfway in the course. It was the park, and the place was peaceful along with your classmates and parents on the sidelines.

Eventually, you found a spot and sat upon the rail by the pond. Every other girl you were hanging with had gone to do their own thing, but Tsubomi stayed with you. Soon, she pointed out Mob passing by. 

"Go Shigeo!" you cupped your hands around your mouth to sound louder.

"(Y/N), do you like Mob?"

"Wh-what?!" You jumped at the sudden question from Tsubomi, causing you to almost lose your balance on the railing. "Why would you think that? That's crazy..." You felt your cheeks burn red.

"You hang out a lot and I've noticed you getting more physical with him. I've had people ask me if you two were a thing."

"Is it that obvious?..." You sighed and dropped your head.