An Invitation to a Meeting

Your POV

It was now the end of school; Mob and you had just come from Reigen's office.

"Hey, Mob?" You looked at your friend, "Why do you want to be popular?

He picked his head up and looked at you. "I-I don't necessarily want to be popular; I want to impress someone..."

"Well who do you want to impress? Because you've already impressed me!"

"Wait, really?" Mob puzzled, "How?"

"You want to change yourself. Watching you want to persevere in something is what I admire about you! And you're very nice to me..."

Mob rubbed the back of his neck, his cheeks a slight pink from the compliment.

"But being popular isn't all it's hyped up to the be..." You looked down, "I was popular in.." You cleared your throat, "..In my old school, there were a lot of people there and I became popular from my...skills." You hesitated.

"What was it like? Did you have a lot of friends?" Mob questioned.

You sighed. "It wasn't the greatest. There were lots of opportunities for people to take advantage of me. The constant need to be in the spotlight and front of the groups, but I didn't want to be there..." You clutched your bag, "That's why I left, to get away from that.."

"Oh, I'm sorry that happened.." Mob looked down again.

"Though I'm not saying you can't become popular! You should be able to do what you want to."

"Hello!" A woman with a smiling, white mask said in front of you. "May I ask you two a question? Is something bothering you?"

You and Mob looked at each other and shook your heads. You told the woman that nothing was wrong.

The woman asked us a bunch of questions like if family, grades, or our health was concerning us. She finally guessed about love.

Mob's eyes widened. "Wow, that's right, how did you know?"

You put a hand on your hip, "Yeah, after the 4th try!"

The woman ignored your comment, now paying attention to Mob. She asked him to come with her, but he declined.

"You'll be popular."

"Okay, lets go then," Mob responded almost immediately.

You facepalmed and sighed. "Then I'm coming too!"

~Time Skip~

The three of you made it to the LOL religious gathering. The crowd of people carried you and Mob up on stage with two other people, an old man, and a girl your age with a pink camera around her neck.

You leaned over and looked at the girl. "Hey, Mezato!" You smiled.

Mezato turned to you and smiled back, "Hey, (Y/N)! And Mob, do you recognize me? I'm in your guy's home class."

The leader, Master Dimple they called him, came on stage. He had a purple robe on and red circles on the cheeks of his mask.

"To accept the gift of happiness, you must lower your walls and set your hearts free! They're locked up, imprisoned in your own body, get it? It's obvious why you aren't happy, you aren't laughing!" The leader spoke in a proud voice.

Suddenly, people tugged you off and held you still, then quickly put a mask on all of you besides Mezato. She began arguing with the leader.

Meanwhile, the mask on you was being forced down by someone. It smelt horrible and you were barely able to breathe in it. You struggled, trying not to hyperventilate.

"Okay, that's enough!" You yelled and took the mask off, "I played this little game of yours, but it's gone too far! That stupid mask smells like feet and its cramped! What are you trying to do?!"

Mr. Dimple stepped back a few feet in shock. "Well, I'm trying to help people, like you, who are angry and make them feel happy! The mask is supposed to-"

"Help people? You're asking for a lawsuit, that's what you're doing!" You fumed and turned to Mob, "I'm going to leave, are you coming, Mob?"

Mob did a small nod and kept the mask on. "Yeah, if this is about being happy and not popularity, I'd rather leave."

You came up to him and took his mask off, "This place wants nothing to do with you being popular, sorry. Want to get something to eat? I'm starving."

Mob nodded and you both started walking away.

"Wait a minute!" Mr. Dimple shouted from behind you, "Want to spend the rest of your lives with those frowns? You're missing out!"

You put your hands on your hips and turned to him. "I'm not missing out; I'm saving myself from this place! My day was going just fine before, you were the one who made me upset."

Mr. Dimple sighed. "You misunderstand, I simply just want you to know how it feels to smile!"

"It's okay, don't worry about it," Mob responded. You giggled at his response but cleared your throat to make sure the leader didn't hear.

~Time Skip after milk challenges~

You and Mob were just challenged by the leader, and you both took sips of your milk.

The milk you were given was horrible, so you had to spit it out. You coughed and wiped your mouth, and heard Mob struggling with the same thing.

"Ha! They laughed!" Mr. Dimple cheered out.

"What was in that?? It tasted horrible!" You tried to spit out the remainder taste from your mouth.

Mob picked his head up, "You're wrong, that wasn't laughter.."

The leader gave an order and the followers started grabbing Mob and you. They held you tight so you couldn't move.

"Hey, what's the big idea? Let us go, this is harassment!" You screamed and struggled to get out of their grasps.

"You don't have a single enemy here, so why are you fighting? We want to save you two from yourselves!" Mr. Dimple smiled and came close to you.

"Come on already, get a clue." The man before us spoke in a low voice.

You lowered your head as a memory came to your mind....get a clue, huh?...

You walked along the darkened hallways, trying to be quiet. You wanted to surprise your father with a picture you made of your family: You, your mom, your dad, and your brother.

Mumbled talk came from a room, and you heard your father's deep voice in the mix of it. You curiously peeked your head in the room to find your dad.

"What about your daughter? She's quite a kind girl, and she seems to get along with everyone." Someone sat at the table, looking at a vanilla file marked with your name.

You watched your father as he looked out the window, his reddish hair in view. He never once turned to watch the people at the desk.

"My daughter, she doesn't know when to quit. She should get a clue. She's only here for my work and experiments."

Your smiled dropped and your eyes widened at the words. You clenched the drawing in your hands and slowly walked away.

Get a clue...