Self Proclaimed Psychic: Reigen Arataka (Pt.2)

This is thoughts

(A/N: this is me commenting on the story)

(F/C)- Favorite Color

(C/N)- Cousins Name

~Time Skip~

Your POV

"So, your name is Reigen Arataka and you run an exorcism business? And Mob is your assistant?" You questioned.

Reigen sorted through the money he got. "Yes, and I was super lucky to have Mob brought you here! I never thought that spirit would actually show up, but it was incredibly weak..."

"Then why did you call me to handle such a weak spirit? You would have been able to-"

"OF COURSE I WAS ABLE TO-" Reigen cleared his throat from interrupting Mob, "B-but when your powers are as strong as mine you end up melting everyone around you!"

You crossed your arms. "Yeah, sure.." Your voice dripped with sarcasm.

Reigen gulped and put 300 yen on the desk in front of you. "Well since you defeated that spirit it's only right to pay you!"

"No thanks, Mob can have it." You slid the coins over to Mob, "Besides, my cousin would be concerned where I got it from." You didn't say it out loud, but you saw this as a rip-off, 300 yen??

(A/N: 300 Yen translates for about 3 dollars in American currency, so it isn't much)

Mob hesitated at picking the coins up. "Well, are you sure? You exorcised it, not me...It would feel wrong to have it.." He remarked.

You shook your head and picked the coins up. Grabbing Mob's hand, you gently set the coins into his palm. "No, it's alright, you can have it. I appreciate you being sweet about it." You responded with a smile.

Mob's cheeks turned a light red and he thanked you.

"So you two aren't dating?" Reigen looked between the two of you, crossing his legs as he sat down. "I'm not a love expert, but you two definitely look like a couple."

You and Mob looked at each other, then at Reigen. You let go of each other's hands and looked away.

Reigen chuckled and shook his head, "Anyways, I wanted to talk about your psychic powers."

"Oh, I'm an elemental Esper." You turned to Reigen.

"Elemental? Do you mean like pyrokinesis?" Mob questioned.

Reigen put his hands behind his head. "Yes, Mob, but those are incredibly popular-"

"No, they aren't." You sighed, "They're quite rare. And it's not just fire, it's all the elements. Like this!" You moved your hand in an upwards motion and took the water out of a cup on the table. The water went into small bubbles around the three of you.

Mob's eyes sparkled as he stared at the water in the air. "Wow, it looks so cool!"

"See? It is a normal power; Mob can do that-And, of course, I-I could too!" Reigen countered as he swatted a water bubble away.

You snapped your fingers and the bubbles turned into spikes of ice. They all pointed towards Reigen as he shrieked in surprise.

"You must be talking about telekinesis. Yes, most, if not all, espers can make things float and move. But I can manipulate any element as I did with the water." You explained, turning the ice back into water and putting it into the cup.

~Time Skip~

You opened the door to your house and looked back to Mob. You two had eventually left Reigen's place and Mob offered to walk you home, and you lived near each other, so it wasn't much for him.

"Hey, thanks for walking me home" You smiled, "See you tomorrow?"

Mob nodded and waved to you as he walked away.

"Who was that?" (C/N) inquired. He was leaning against the wall not too far from the door.

You jumped and closed the door. "Hi (C/N)! I-I uh-" You were still a bit spooked by his sudden appearance.

"The first day you get here and you have a boyfriend?" He crossed his arms.

"He's-he's just a friend! I met him this morning..." You blushed and rubbed the back of your neck.

Your cousin smiled and patted your back. "It's alright, as long as you've made a friend. Dinner's almost ready, want to tell me about your day?" He questioned.

You nodded and told him about what had happened on your first day.

______________________

Hello everyone! I hope you're enjoying this story😊