Urban Legends

Sorry this chapter is so late! I'll be posting another chapter sooner than I usually do to make up for it :)

(A/N: You're wearing an outfit like one of these today✨)

You were scrolling through your phone, the conversation between Reigen and Mob beside you was muffled. The only other thing you heard was the train's screeching against the bars below. It had been a few days since your...impulsive action towards Shigeo and neither of you had spoken to each other about it. Just sitting next to Mob on the train was more than awkward. It was an impulsive thought when you did that to him, you can't even remember having a thought process when it happened – you just did it.

It was obvious Shigeo felt the same about it. If he hadn't, he probably would have asked someone for advice or how to handle the situation, but it seems no one else was saying anything about the topic. If he had told Reigen it would've been a non-stop bombardment of teasing for the both of you.

"(Y/N), please tell me you've heard about urban legends?" Reigen's voice was pleading, leaning onto the vacant chair next to him.

You picked your head up and tried acting like you were listening, "Um...yes? My brother always tried to scare me with them, but it never worked. I don't believe in those things all too much, just because a few people think they saw something doesn't mean it's true. Some of the stories are interesting, but some are over-exaggerated from what probably happened."

"Wow, you two are real party-killers..."

You nudged Shigeo, "Sorry we're just so awesome that we could defeat those things within a second."

Soon you got off the train and made it to the town you needed to go to. Reigen, like usual, was bored and decided to go to a different town where supernatural was spiking in popularity. He seemed excited going there for business that he made you and Mob tag along.

Reigen had set up a very small table near the side of the road, sat behind it, and gave his students a sign each saying something about spirit advice. You leaned on the railing that was blocking the road.

"What's with all the cold stares?" Reigen commented as the people walked by. Every one of them looked at you with a skeptical look and hurried to their destination.

You shrugged, already getting your sarcastic remarks in. "I don't know, maybe it's because a 27-year-old man is sitting at a desk fit for a baby, and has two teenagers surrounding him holding shady signs. But, who knows?"

"I have to stop giving you chances to come at me like that..." Reigen scoffed, realizing you had won that argument.

Before long, someone down the street yelled at you. The man soon came up to the stand in front of Reigen and continued yelling, introducing himself as 'Banshomaru Shinra' somewhere in his argument. He and Reigen began fighting about psychic work and trying to get a claim over the best psychic in the century.