Choices

TW: There are descriptions of abuse in this chapter. If you do not feel comfortable reading those parts I have provided a start and stop placement for when these scenes occur. Or, if you feel too uncomfortable, skip this chapter

Above is just a song because I didn't have anything other to put, I was also listening to it while writing most of this chapter :)

You fished around in the darkness to turn off the screaming alarm next to your bed. Once you reached it, you got ready for the day, but it felt off. The room you were in was set up differently but still felt like your bedroom. The main difference was another bed along with the very different style choice on the other side of the room, you couldn't remember who it was.

Still feeling very strange, you made your way downstairs into the kitchen. "Good morning (C/N)-" You stopped mid-sentence and puzzled at the people in your kitchen. "Dad?"

Your father turned to you, a steaming coffee in his hands. He leaned on the counter, "Good morning. Who's this (C/N) you're calling for?"

"You don't know (C/N)? Mom's nephew?"

"I don't have a sibling, let alone a nephew." A woman was sitting at the table, scrolling on her phone.

You backed away and closer to your father, "Um...who are you?"

The woman scoffed and looked up at you. "I'm your mother!" She grumbled.

"What is wrong with you? Who are you suddenly forgetting our existence, making up fake people?" Father questioned.

You shook your head. "I didn't mean to, something's just wrong with my head I guess..."

"(Y/N), are you alright? You got up later than usual..." another voice came from behind you, it was soft as if trying not to disrupt anything.

Turning around, you saw your brother. You hugged him tightly. "I didn't know you were here! Dude, dad's thinking I'm crazy and suddenly mom's here? I don't know what's going but-"

"Ow, you're hurting me..." Your brother winced, making you immediately let go.

"I'm sorry, are you sore from something?" You put your hands on your hips, "Were you fighting again? I keep telling you to get me if you're fighting-"

"He doesn't fight." Father set his finished mug in the sink, "He's being weak with his powers, he doesn't like to use them, what a coward."

You crossed your arms, "Why are you talking to him like that? He's just as strong as me!"

"You? Strong? You don't even have psychic powers, don't even try to compare. You're just as worse as him." He walked past you and left using the front door, "I'm leaving for work."

Brother gently put a hand on your shoulder, "Are you having a fever? You've got a lot of things twisted."

You held his hand, "I'm fine! But what's wrong with you?? Where's the I'm-everything-and-more attitude? I'm 100% positive that's you! What's going on-"

Your mother hit her fist on the table and stood up, "Would you two shut up?! I have the worst hangover and you aren't helping! Just go upstairs and do your schoolwork!"

Before you could talk back, your brother muttered a 'yes ma'am' and pulled you upstairs. You got out of his grasp once you made it to your room, "What hell is that woman going on about?"

Brother put his hand over your mouth, "She'll hear you!"

"Why are you so worried?" you muffled from behind your brother's hand.