Ripped Apart

Sorry it took so long for this chapter to come out! I've been busy but it's summer now and hopefully I'll get back on track.

Your POV

Reigen stood up from the farm field, "I checked the PH and fertilizer of the soil and it seems to be alright so that rules out any natural causes."

"You called us here for farm work?" You rubbed your temple, "You're pushing it with the 'psychic' work."

Mob stood next to you in the field, "I think you should stop telling us to drop everything for you."

Reigen ignored your protests and turned to the soil in front of him, "It might be a daikon radish spirit." He thought aloud.

"Radishes have spirits?"

"No, they don't, if anything it's a spirit controlling this place." You pointed to the scarecrow, "Like there, you guys sense something right?"

"You're going to get rid of me, huh?" The scarecrow's head stared at you and quickly spun around, creating a small tornado with its body.

You stuck your hand out and quickly exorcized the spirit in the strawman, destroying it. "You called us both for that?"

Reigen was about to come up with another excuse until the ground started shaking. Suddenly, roots shot out of the ground and pick all of you into the air. The spirit showed its actual body, a big twisting puzzle of roots, using the scarecrow hat to indicate its head. "This place belongs to me, no one else can claim it!"

Your teacher began arguing with the plant about his actions and telling him off.

"Uh, not to ruin this amazing fight scene," You started, "But can you turn me around? If you're going to capture me, at least do it right." Unlike Mob and Reigen, you were upside down and the roots were wrapped around your middle, trapping your arms in a hold.

The spirit laughed and brought you closer to his face, "And why should I?"

"Because I'm upside down and wearing a skirt! And I can feel the blood rushing to my head..." You exhaled, already lightheaded.

Psychic power came from Mob beside you, destroying the roots that were tied around him. After he landed, you were wrapped completely in vines, creating a tight cocoon around you. Putting your hands on the roots the best you could, you quickly made ice come out of them. It slowly froze the roots, creating a cold atmosphere in the ball.

You grunted and kicked at the sides, easily cracking it open. You burst out and cheered in triumph, falling out of the air. Before you hit the ground, you landed in a pair of arms.

"Jeez, kid..." Reigen slightly fumbled in his arms, the sudden weight scared him.

You jumped out of his arms, "Excuse me for using my powers to get out of that trap." Around you laid the remains of the spirit, the energy of it gone, "Hey, what happened to the ghost?"

"I gave it an order..." Mob joined the conversation from a big hole in the ground, gripping some roots in his hands, "I sent stronger psychic waves than the spirit could..."

"Great job, Mob!" You cheered and ran up to the crater he was in. You held your hands out for him, so he grabbed your hands and pulled him out of the hole. "For your first time using chlorokinesis, you did pretty well!"

Mob smiled, "Thanks." Your friend slightly gripped your hands. He didn't want to admit it but he liked holding your hands, oddly enough they fit into his own.