Divine tree 3 - Dimple Is

"I can't, what am I even looking at here?" Dimple cringed with a step backward, "Who came up with this design? And what possessed you to put it on? I'm worried about you. That's how lame it is!"

You and Hiraeth watched in astonishment as the spirit continued his barrage of insults at Mob's shirt. Was the shirt the most optimal thing to wear? Probably not. Would you wear it?...probably not. But never would you say such rude things to a friend, the possibility of a joke fizzled out after Dimple compared it to an item from a bargain bin.

A sudden burst of psychic energy flowed from Mob's still figure, the shiny purple and blues mixing into one another around him. It quickly grew and blinded you, forcing you to turn away and squeeze your eyes shut. You feared Mob was still ready to fight Dimple.

When no energy or attack came from Mob, you unshielded yourself and saw the boy standing still. His head and bangs hung low to hide his eyes. His expression, though vacant, had rage in his eyes. The shadow on the teen's face made him look mad.

Dimple quickly put up his arms and yelled 'Godly Barrier', creating a bubble of energy around himself and sent Mob flying back. He did not try to fight, instead, his body flung and tumbled on the floor.

You let out a gasp and a yell. "Shigeo!" You quickly ran over and slid on your knees on the grainy green floor. Mob attempted to stand up as you shook him slightly and tried assisting him in any way. He eventually was able to stand, slightly leaning his weight onto you. You slithered an arm around his waist gently to give him some stability.

Dimple's rough voice sounded once more, "You exhausted the rest of your energy on purpose...but why?" He scowled.

The golden spirit threw his arm around to show his anger, "All done trying to make me see the light? Are you really going to let it end like this?! After I went through all the trouble to change into my god form and everything?!" He continued to get increasingly fed up with how this fight had turned out. If you could even call it that. There was no winner, no loser.

Dimple took a few steps towards the two of you, stomping on a few vines and pointing accusingly at you. "I thought the two of you weren't going to accept what I was doing so what's with this attitude?! I possess the power of a god!" He was exasperated. Dimple scoffed and manipulated his hand, throwing it to the side and making the point of one of his fingers long and sharp.

Suddenly, you heard air slice, and a sharp pain began on your forehead. Out of instinct, your grip tightened on Mob's waist. You slowly reached your free hand up to hesitantly touch the hurt spot and bring it back down. There was no blood. But if there were any accessories or hair on your forehead area, it was surely cut or torn up now.

"You're facing a foe more powerful than you've seen before. If I so desired, I could end this with the slightest move of my finger." Dimple threatened his sharp finger an inch away from Mob's forehead, some of his bangs were sliced.

"You could. But I know you aren't going to." Mob responded and picked his head up. "I wanted to talk to you, and my powers were complicating things. This way we'll be able to have a conversation." He picked up his foot and began walking forward.

You were about to say something in protest to stop Mob from moving forward, but you saw the sharp end of Dimple's finger bend and twist around the teen's head.

You let out a sigh you didn't know you were holding in that he wasn't going to hurt him. Hesitantly, you walked towards Dimple to watch his flimsy blend twirl and avoid you at all costs.

"I can trust you."

The spirit backed down, putting his hand back by his side. "How do you figure?"

"It's simple really. You gave me your honest opinion of my shirt. You're the same Dimple you've always been."