Guidance

"Never use your powers against others. If you haven't come across someone who can show you why, then allow me." Shigeo threatened, slowly walking forward towards the group. His energy suddenly spiked and radiated off him. You stood back, not sure what to do, and Dimple floated behind you for protection.

"Well, well, we have some strays show up at our doorstep." A man walked past the other scar members. He locked eyes with you. "And look at the returning runaway. Never thought we'd see you again, (Y/N)."

The person had basic black jeans with the same colored work shoes. He had a white jacket with a cyan collar and small pockets on his chest to contrast with his jeans. His hair was brushed and parted down the middle, and small pieces strayed from the part in the front. It was Minegishi, another member of Claw's Ultimate 5.

Minegishi immediately began throwing vines and flowers at you. You and Mob were able to dodge, block, or curve them another way using your own powers.

Your friend was an excellent chlorokinesis esper, so much so that he was the one responsible for helping you master your plant manipulation. Unlike you, that was his only trick when it came to fighting.

Suddenly, a giant spirit appeared behind the Scar members, terrorizing them. Matsuo then appeared and decided to help you by sending out more spirits to terrorize.

Seconds later, tree roots incapacitated every single spirit, rendering them to lifeless spots in the air.

Matsuo stood silent for a minute, trying to process his spirits being exorcised right in front of his eyes. Before either of you could realize it Matsuo was sent flying by a vine that separated you and Mob.

In the process of getting hit, Matsuo dropped a jar covered in various brightly colored stickers. One Claw member picked it up in curiosity, and despite Matuso's pleas, broke it and unleashed the spirit inside.

The surrounding members fell unconscious from the energy, some looked as if their lives were sucked out of them.

"First you trapped me in the poison jar, and now you want me to devour espers? You're such lowly creatures." Mogami poised, giving the air around a dense feeling. He didn't look like the normal human you remembered, he looked like the shell of a human, red and entangled by energy.

Minegishi, out of fear, sent plants towards the spirit but Mogami was stronger. He was able to turn the plants against Minegishi and pick him up into the air. Quickly after grabbing Minegishi, Mogami squeezed the branches hard around him.

"Stop, don't hurt him!" You yelled.

"Why? I've been watching and none of these insects deserve to live." Mogami threatened.

"Because I know them! I won't let my friends get hurt!" You looked from the horrifying face on the tree to Minegishi. He immediately started trying to thrash around in the tree's grasp. He pleaded to be let go and in return stop his terrorist moves.

"What if he's just lying to stay alive? Are you going to personally watch over these people to make sure they reform?"

"No, I-we can't." You kept your eyes on Minegishi. "But we have to trust people and let them try. You can't force someone to change, you have to give them time. Especially if they had no clue what they've done is wrong."

Mogami sighed, "Typical coming from you. But there are things in this world that can't be solved with mere kindness. Sometimes, you need to be tough on people." Slowly, the plants began dropping everything and found a position to relax. "And (Y/N)?"

"Uh-Yes?" You cleared your throat.

"Thank you for keeping our promise." Mogami's spirit then vanished from the area, leaving a big, bare tree behind. The sky cleared from blood-red to crystal clear, making the dead tree seem as if it was illuminating.