Poor, Lonely, Whitey

Reigen is just so pretty I- skdjwnsik😩🙌

"Happy birthday to you!" The group including you sang and clapped their hands, congratulating two friends, Kijibayashi and Kumagawa. After giving your respects, you ate and talked with your friends at the restaurant. You eventually began talking with Shigeo, enjoying your appetizers and sipping your drinks.

A beeping noise made you both look at Mob's uniform pocket. He pulled his ringing phone out and saw the caller.

You leaned closer to see and groaned, "Of course it's Reigen..."

He answered the phone, and your master immediately began requesting Mob's presence for a job.

Shigeo gulped, "Master, could you...handle things on your own today? We talked about not calling me on such short notice."

Reigen ignored his student's question and still preceded to act like he was coming. He then hung up the phone, leaving Mob frozen. Friends at the table asked what happened as Mob stood up, apologizing that he had to leave for work. They forgave him and said their goodbyes.

You quickly finished your drink and stood up, "I'll come too, I have something to say to him..."

After taking the long walk to the spirit's location and very easily defeating it, you walked alongside Mob with Reigen in front. You both stopped making your master turn to face you.

"I know you don't know much about us outside of work, but we have other things to do besides this. You can't keep calling for us out of the blue, we're busy sometimes too." You spoke calmly, wishing this would go over well with Reigen.

He laughed, "What do you mean? Wait, did you fall for somebody's schemes again? You are so gullible; would you two just grow up already?"

You crossed your arms, "Reigen, all I'm trying to do is find a solution with you so there's no need to call us so suddenly-"

"Look, I don't know what you were doing with your little schoolmates, but do they really understand you?" Reigen waved his hands around, "We're saving lives over here! And I'm your master, one of the biggest reasons you're able to control your powers! Without my help, you would be lost causes! Kids like that don't care for you, they just like having fun mocking someone like you-"

"That's not true!" Shigeo yelled, startling you and Reigen.

The adult laughed nervously, "Alright, I might have said too much..."

"Master, I'm beginning to realize that not everything you say is true."

Reigen became even more nervous, realizing he had said the wrong thing. He offered to buy both of you some food on the way back. You only shook your head and looked away, still upset about what he said.

Shigeo spoke clear of his feelings, "Nobody is mocking me or (Y/N). We're not as gullible as you think."

Reigen POV

After another hard day of work, I walked with ease out of my office and took in the fresh air. 

'I'm sure by now those kids are embarrassed to talk to me, probably regretting their decision! But it's not like I cared, it hasn't affected my job in the slightest-'

I stopped in my path as I looked forward to see Mob side-by-side with other teenagers. I hid behind a sign to where Mob couldn't see me, he actually has friends??!

"(Y/N)! There you are!" A girl yelled from one of the open restaurants and invited another girl in with her. She sat down with the other girls, there was a big group of them.