Show Me what you've Got

"My father is the leader of Claw."

Your friend's mouths were agape at the news you just dropped. the room went silent and tension hung in the air.

"I-I have...no words to defend me this time, I'm sorry. So I completely understand if you don't want me in here anymore. But I just want to say that..." You turned to Mob, who looked the most hurt from the news. "I'm certain your family is okay. I think I know who caused the fire and staged it to look like a murder, and I know he'd never hurt innocent people."

"How are you so certain?" Reigen choked out after gaining his composure.

"You guys remember that red-haired boy that beat the seventh division leader?"

A few seconds of silence was shared between the group, then most nodded.

"That may or may not have been my brother..."

"That guy is your brother?!"

You nodded, "And I-I know my brother so he'd never hurt anyone if it wasn't necessary. Mob, I know that your family is okay!"

Shigeo's eyes widened, at your reassurance. His eyes soon softened and he stumbled forward, falling into you. You hesitated, keeping your arms up and not touching your friend who wrapped an arm around to hold on.

After Mob fell unconscious, Reigen took him and laid him down, letting him rest on the couch in the room. Your master then turned to you, "(Y/N)-"

"I'm sorry that I caused all of this, I really should have just told you-"

"(Y/N)-"

"-I shouldn't have left, it would have just been better if I stayed with Claw, you probably would've never been hurt-"

"(Y/N), listen to me." Reigen went to put his hands on your shoulders, but you moved backward so he couldn't touch you. "You being involved with claw doesn't matter, none of us are going to look at you differently. You're still the same person. Don't blame yourself for any of this, none of it is your fault."

He hesitantly placed a hand on your shoulder, "Go sit down next to Mob, take a breather."

You nodded and slowly walked to sit on the end of the couch, sitting by Mob's head. You sighed and leaned your head back to hit the brick wall, closing your eyes.

"-And they lived happily ever after!" You cheered and held up two of your dolls, who had just got done with a magical journey and won a battle against the toy dragon you had stolen from your brother.

A door opened behind you and quietly shut, making you turn towards the sound. "Mommy?"

Your mother stopped putting objects into her bag and turned to you. "(Y/N)..." She sighed and closed her suitcase.

You stood up and held the two dolls tightly."Where are you going?"

"I-I'm going somewhere for a while, but I'll be back." She slung her purse over her shoulder and rolled the suitcase, but stopped right after going past you. She parked her baggage and crouched down in front of you, caressing your face. "I'll be back for you sweetie, I promise...I love you." She slowly kissed you on the forehead.

"I love you too, bye!" You smiled and hugged your dolls. Your mother smiled back, but it looked awkward. She stood up and continued her walk out the door.

Just as the door closed, another door opened. You quickly turned around to look at the door and watched as your father ran up beside you. He stared at the closed door in front of you.