Chapter 47

Fun Fact: Most hybrids live in the underground city. Only a few of them made a living outside of the underground city, including Makoto's family. Hybrids can be found on Marley as well, but most hybrids on Marley are living within designated areas segregated from the main population alongside Eldians.

Makoto was shocked when she discovered that she was going to be put in Squad Levi. The new squad was to protect Eren and Historia. What surprised her, even more, was that she now had to share a cabin with the rest of her squad along with Armin and Annie. Annie wasn't placed into Squad Levi based on her previous action but she was allowed to stay at the cabin with them since she was Makoto's responsibility. 

Recently, Makoto and Eren have been training more and conducting experiments in their titan forms. As long as Makoto didn't have to be locked in some cage, she wasn't going to complain. It was also hard to say no to Hanji when she kept using puppy eyes. Who knew Makoto had such a weakness for puppy eyes?

Ymir and Makoto actually encouraged Historia to start acting like her true self. At first, the blonde was hesitant since she wouldn't know how the others would react, but with enough convincing, Historia agreed to go along. 

Living in a cabin with everyone else wasn't too bad except for one aspect. Kyouko was a part of the Levi squad. The tension between the two sisters was still there, and the two were never in the same room. The two haven't spoken since the incident that happened in the cafeteria. Kyouko normally hung out with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa while the older sister hung out with her girlfriends. From time to time, Makoto would be around Connie, Jean, and Sasha. Everyone else knew to leave it alone and just let the two siblings hash it out themselves.

It was another day at the cabin, everyone else beside Makoto and Annie had woken up to start on chores. Makoto had the privilege of sleeping in after how the last experiment went. She had overworked herself to the point where the others had to cut her out of her animal titan form. Annie had agreed to keep an eye on Makoto for the time being. Ymir had been stuck to Historia's side like glue, constantly watching over her and keeping her safe. 

Makoto had been woken up by someone shifting on the bed. Rubbing her eyes and allowing her eyes to adjust to the semi-bright room, the body pressed up against her was gripping onto her shirt. Looking down, Annie was shifting around in her sleep, her fists clutching on her shirt and her lips quirking down into a frown. 

'Another nightmare..'

Leaning down, she placed a soft kiss on the blonde's forehead. Annie began to visibly relax, her grip loosening on her shirt. "You're okay, 私の戦士 (my warrior)," Makoto whispered softly to her. 

Someone's fist met the door, gently knocking on the wood. "Makoto, are you awake?" Sasha's voice called out, muffled by the barrier between the two rooms. Carefully getting out of bed, Makoto went to answer the door. "Yeah, I'm awake."

The brunette let out a small squeak as her cheeks heat up, seeing the taller woman in front of her in a sports bra and baggy pants. Quickly covering her eyes and averting her head, she managed to stutter out, "Le-Levi wants to talk to you!" The way Sasha quickly got flustered was adorable to Makoto. If she was the type to tease more often, she would be having a field day with the brunette. 

"I'll be out soon. Let me get dressed," Makoto replied. Giving a quick nod, Sasha made a dash for it while trying to hide her red cheeks. 

Locking the door, Makoto began to strip down to get into her uniform. Suddenly she felt a weight pressed against her back. "Where are you going?" Annie rasped, her arms wrapping around the other woman's waist. "Levi wants to speak to me about something," Makoto informed, receiving a soft scoff.