Chapter 7

Makoto finally heads back to Kyouko and the others once Keith came to take her back. He lectured her how she should have come back on time for breakfast. 

"Makoto! There you are!" Kyouko calls out and runs over to her. She stops a few feet away from her then sniffs around. "Wait..." She says and walks circles around me while sniffing. Her wolf ears perk up and her eyes widen, "You have a really strong human scent on you! Have you been hanging out with one?!" 

"What, no! Keith made it a punishment for me to help out  people!" Makoto defends herself making Kyouko smirk even more. 

"Nope! The scent is way stronger than just a human being near you for a long time. Makoto, have you been hugging someone?" Kyouko fangirls.

"You're crazy."

"Aww, is the mean Makoto too tough to admit she's been hugging a human?" Kyouko awes.

Makoto rolls her eyes and walks away but Kyouko is persistent and follows me. 

"Makoto, I'm so proud of you! I can't believe you've been hugging someone!" Kyouko grins. 

"So? It doesn't matter if I hugged that person or not. It's not like I'm gonna end up with them. They're older than me anyways," She claims. 

"Alright..." Kyouko says with a chuckle. 

She grabs her older sister's wrist and drags her over to her group of friends. Makoto doesn't have enough energy to complain right now, she's starting to regret skipping breakfast now. She looks at Kyouko who's laughing with Eren and Armin. Makoto's eyes begins to wander around and she spots a familiar face from across the field. 

Nanaba stands at the other side of the field and waving in her direction. Makoto looks back at Kyouko's too busy with her friends then walks towards Nanaba's direction. 

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed be busy with your own things?" Makoto asks her with her arms crossed. 

"Yeah but I came to drop these off for you." She said and tosses a small satchel towards Makoto which she catches and opens to reveal bread and a canteen of water. "Thought you might be hungry since you skipped breakfast." She said, her hands in her pockets. 

"Oh..." Makoto says a bit surprised that she would do this for her. 

"Don't tell old man Keith. Cadets aren't allowed to eat after mealtimes." She chuckles. "I gotta get these papers to Keith. I'll come back for the satchel once I'm done. See ya later kid," Nanaba says as she lazily salutes to me then heads to find Keith. 

"Makoto!" Kyouko calls out, snapping Makoto out of her thoughts. Makoto quickly hides the satchel in her jacket and turns around. Kyouko and her group of friends are walking towards her. "Where did you go? I turned around and I didn't see you," Kyouko says suspiciously. 

"I got bored and left," I replies.

"Wait! I smell something!" Sasha exclaims as she walks closer to me. She takes one sniff of the air and gasps loudly, "I smell food!" 

"You're delusional," Makoto snarls defensively. 

"My sense of smell for food never fails me! You have food on you!" Sasha says. 

"Well, what if I do Potato girl? Gonna report me to Keith?" Makoto growls. 

"I don't see why we shouldn't," Mikasa says stoically. Makoto glares at the raven-haired girl and was about to snap at her until Kyouko steps in. 

"Let's just allow Makoto to explain herself before we get too harsh," Kyouko said. My sister looks towards her, waiting for her explanation. 

"Fine, I have food. And no, I didn't fucking steal it," Makoto says as she glares at the girl with the red scarf.