Chapter 9

A bright flash of white light and a loud rumbling of the ground draws the attention of soldiers and titans. Looking in the direction of the light, smoke and steam surrounds what seems to be a large creature. A pair of bright eyes glowed bright enough to be seen. through the layers of smoke and steam. Soldiers begin to panic and freeze up, unsure of whatever was underneath all the smoke or what it can do.

At lightning speed, the creature leaps itself towards a 15-meter tall titan, its sharp fangs latching onto the titan's throat. it's sharp claws dug into the titan's shoulders and body as the titan falls back. 

The creature begins to tear the titan to shreds as the titan cried out. The soldiers watch horrified as the titan is being ripped apart without mercy. 

The smoke and steam finally disappears from around to creature to reveal a large white wolf with bright green eyes. Several soldiers let out a battle cry before heading towards the wolf with their blades at ready. As the soldiers were about to land on the wolf, it snaps its head towards them. It snaps its jaws, crushing the soldiers with its massive sharp fangs. Human blood stained the wolf's sharp, white fangs and its muzzle.

The wolf stares at the soldiers and titans which a hungry look in its eyes. It snarls and launches itself towards them. It would launch itself towards titans, latching onto their neck and tearing away chunks of the titan. 

As more titans were being killed, things began to go south from there. The wolf finishes off another titan then stares at the soldiers blankly. The soldiers, unsure what to do, standing still as the wolf watches them with its bright green eyes. The wolf flashes its white fangs before launching itself towards the building with the soldiers on it. Latching its jaw onto the soldiers and thrashing its head from side to side. Some of them manage to escape while the others are screaming for their lives. 

The wolf tosses them up into the air and swallows them as they fall. The wolf licks its muzzle and looks around for more targets.

The wolf comes face to face with 15-meter titan with green eyes and longish dark hair. It looks different from the other titans and stares at the wolf. The wolf's fur rises as it growls at the titan who was in a fighting position. 

The two beasts charge at each other and clash. The wolf leaps and aims for the throat but the titan grabs the wolf by its neck. It digs its claws into the arms of the titan as it kicks off with its hind legs. The titans stumble back a bit and the wolf shakes its fur. They both charge at each other once more but this time, the wolf went for the legs and ripped off the titan's left foot. The titan lets out a scream and stumbles forward. It settles itself by leaning against one of the buildings. The wolf stalks closer to the titan and pins the titan down with its weight. 

The titan pants and tries to get up but the wolf leans more of its weight on it, crushing against its spine. Little did the titan and wolf know, they were being watched from the distance.

----

The last thing Kyouko remembers seeing is her sister. Staring at her with the same expression she had when their parents died. Seeing her like that hurt Kyouko, knowing that she was going to die and leave her behind. She remembered as the titan wrapped its hand around her and hearing the sounds of her own bones crush.

Kyouko expected to be dead but she keeps feeling jolts of pain shoot through her body. She hisses in pain as she opens her eyes. She's laying on the roof top, unable to move due to all her broken bones.

How... How am I still alive?'

"Kyouko!" Armin calls out as he approaches her with Mikasa and Connie following behind him.